cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Keeps restarting by itself

AndreasLinbro
Community Member

Hi,

I have a Google Nest Hub (1st gen) that have been working fine until recently. It restarts itself randomly, usually when I give it a command like play XXX on Spotify (other commands too), but not every time.

What can be wrong?

Regards,

Andreas

68 REPLIES 68

MichaelD
Community Member

Can you check the firmware?  You may need an update.

Check for the latest here: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7365257?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

Hope this Helps,

Michael D

FormalSarcasm
Community Member

My brand new nest hub (gen 2) does the same thing, seems to be stuck in a reboot loop. I contacted Google support about it and they claim their engineers know it's an issue and are working on it. Pretty disappointing first experience with Google Home, that's for sure.

I'm also experiencing this issue and it's frustrating. We always use our nest hub gen 2 at home and this happens. 

The firmware is also updated. I've already reset it a couple of times.

I hope google resolves this issue.

JohnR1
Community Member

I'm also experiencing this issue.  Mine restarts itself intermittently for no reason - not giving it commands or anything - it just randomly reboots.

Weirdly - I checked the link above (and another one independantly) and this one:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7365257?hl=en-AU&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

and it lists version 1.56.265669 as the current version, but mine's running 1.56.276689... How can that be!?

Dopple444
Community Member

I have the same problem.  Will just randomly reboot.  Seems it might be hardware.

I have the same issue on multiple minis in the house . The only way to avoid it, is to to stop casting from the Google home app instead of telling the device to stop

JacokFly
Community Member

Me too

Thetechguy
Community Member

Mine does it too.  It reboots about 8 times a day.   Reboots more often if you use it to stream security smart cameras 

That's when mine reboots too

anhlinh123
Community Member

I’m having exactly the same issue. It keeps rebooting randomly while I am streaming my camera.

jimmyv1986
Community Member

Same issue here, thought it was an issue when being linked to google photos but does it every 15 mins regardless. Restored multiple times, every time after setup it will start the loop of restarting again. Supper annoying, especially since this issue is now on top of the night mode clock issue that still isn't fixed. Never buying one of these again, only had it for a year. 

Similar but different.   Middle of the night I hear the chime, “welcome to google mini” and it invites me to set it up again.   It keeps doing it so have to unplug it to get some sleep.  It’s unusable.   I’ve already reset many times.  Any ideas?

Jgar1
Community Member

Same problem, then takes hrs to reconnect to the network

Lerak2000
Community Member

Also bought Google Nest Hub (Gen2) in December 2021 from the Google Store.  . They advertised it for good money. I was happy to receive it.  But after install/connecting: works a couple of minutes, continious reboot. Reported it for warranty TWICE.. No response.   Thought it was a trustfull buy with good support.....  Very disapointing... I'm gonna recommend everybody on social media never to buy equipment from Google ever again. You buy, it doesn't work > you loose money. 

#########

cheapaschips
Community Member

I have exactly the same problem my nest hub bought in November, just continuously reboots every few minutes total  was of money, tried to return it to the store I purchased it from and they said to contact Google as they look after the guarantee.

karandhingra
Community Member

Experiencing the same issue, nest hub 2nd gen keeps rebooting every few minutes. Checked the firmware version, version installed on my device is 1.56.285638 but current production firmware version on google's support website is 1.56.265669

cheapaschips
Community Member

I think the issue here is there’s no way to roll back or forward to a working functional version which means we’ve got an expensive dive paperweight. What a waste of money 🤦🏻‍♂️

DepressedPanda
Community Member

I've had a Google smart-home system for over a year now, and I have 5 Nest Minis, and 3 Nest Hub 2.0s. I stream music all day (Apple Music) and have noticed recently that they'll stop playing because one of them is restarting itself. It's been a mild inconvenience, but nothing too crazy.

Lerak2000
Community Member

Mine is restarting evering couple of minutes.

Not a mild inconvenience..

MM6
Community Member

Allot of ppl having the same issue. Cmn G!! Fix this asap.

OzM8
Community Member

Is this issue going to be addressed anytime soon? I have 3 Nest Hubs that constantly reboot during the day and night. They used to be perfect until about 3 months ago. Then non stop problems. It is driving my family mad. I tried telling people how much better Google Nest Hubs are over Amazon products and now my son uses an Amazon device because constant Google Nest Hub issues. Please fix this. All 3 devices are white screen spinning coloured dots as I am writing this. I checked router settings and logs and can no internet drop outs are logged. All other devices on Wi-Fi have no issues. 

Mubo
Community Member

I have had the same issue with my Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) rebooting automatically when streaming feed from my camera (Wyze v3). Software version: 45.1.8.############. Chromecast firmware version: 1.56.285638. 

Frustrating experience for sure.

NandoG
Community Member

My router reboots 1 to 2 times an our and always during a Zoom meeting! This is so frustrating! I’m buying a Netgear today and tossing the Nest in the GARBAGE, where it belongs!

Steew
Community Member

Netgear is trash. Buy an Asus gaming router. 

Playfust
Community Member

Same problem here, Nest Hub 2nd Gen, restarting randomly during day or night, sometimes he can't even connect to my wifi network for 10mins  whereas my network is fine

CreatureNL
Community Member

Same problem.. Anyone already found a solution? 

NandoG
Community Member

After all the stress caused by my connection getting dropped while working, I ended up purchasing the Netgear Nighthawk two weeks ago; it completely solved my problem. The issues that Google nest was causing was by far more expensive $$$ than the 200 bucks that I paid for the Netgear. I hate to be wasteful but Google wasn't doing their part. 

OzM8
Community Member

Still no fix and seems unlikely either. Since last post I have tried multiple things. Swapped routers but no change. I actually have a TP-LINK AX6000 wifi 6 router so not a cheap one. Still multiple times a day getting restarting loop. Factory reset all 3 home hubs. Changed names, changed wifi between 2.4 and 5 with same outcome. The internet does not drop out at all. My kids used to use the home hubs for playing music softly during the night but cannot do that any more because of the loop issue stops music obviously. They have cheap Amazon echo dots and have not had one issue. I cannot force myself off the Google ecosystem to Amazon but I am at a tether. My last try I even took a hub, factory reset and lent to a friend. Guess what???? Still an issue. So there is a software issue in the hubs. Why can't Google fix this?

Thetechguy
Community Member

They arent trying to fix it.  I say we should start a class action.  There has been no response from google and zero efforts on their behalf

GrimFandango
Community Member

Got mine today and same issue. It keeps restarting every 3 minutes. It’s so annoying. 

Lerak2000
Community Member

Finaly Google reached out, returned mine this week ( 3days ago) according to RMA-procedure. Received a new one TODAY, that was quick. Hopefully the new one will work correctly.
I think, this is the only way to fix the problem 😞 

How did you get in touch with an actual person? Every time I try to call, they send me to the wrong place. When I try to search online, it always takes me to these forums.

igorfobia
Community Member

I installed mine in mid January 2022, and it has this ise since a couple of weeks

Playfust
Community Member

It seems Google won't fix it, I wake up this morning finding my Nest Hub locked with a black screen (I think caused by a restart during the night). I hope it's gonna be fixed one day because it's a good product and I use it every day

TimothyC
Community Member

My google home is and has been experiencing the same bug for the better part of 6-12 months. It seems to have increased in severity lately. Really wish google would find a solution😫😭😭😭

NeoJack
Community Member

Mine too, endless reboot every 3 minutes

cheapaschips
Community Member

Has anyone tried asking for a replacement from Google direct?

That's a software problem, requesting a replacement to Google will change nothing unfortunately

John12
Community Member

My experience with Google support regarding this issue has been disappointing. I don't think the front line support staff has a clue about the products. I think they just go through a scripted check list of things to try. Totally useless.