cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Kids account, google duo, youtube kids, youtube, on hub2

Extreme79
Community Member

Hi, again 🙂

I'm little bit active these days, due to new hub2 christmas present for my daughter (**** kid account.. parental control but at cost of an high level of stress for parents 😛 )

Kid account with family link supervision, with all the right permissions, timings, personal results, etc.

On the tablet/phone she can use youtube, she can use google Duo (without cell number only calls from her contacts), she can use youtube kids (could be wonderful to do the same with YT Music a day..now we can't).

Unfortunately on google hub2 this seems not possibile for strange reasons: I miss something or it's a google unreasonable choose?

4 REPLIES 4

kiltguy2112
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

YouTube music is not available for supervised accounts at all. Google said back in February that it was going to change that but they have not. Duo is not available on a <13 account on a Hub, Hub gen 2 or Hub Max. I'm not sure about YouTube kids. Google tries to blame COPPA, but the reality is they could allow these things, and still not track kids. They choose to make it difficult for parents. 

Extreme79
Community Member

It's a wonderful world.. duo not available on hub, but available on tablet with email and on the phone it's not, a number seems needed. 🤬

Why google don't allow google (on hub) for <13? Mistery.. they can't call grandmother with their hub, but can with tablet. 🤔

Same probably with yt and ytm.. 🤐🤐

kiltguy2112
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

YTM is not available on ANY device if it is a supervised account even after the age of 13. 

This is about Google Dou and kids account, on the hub