cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Voice activating my sonos speaker to play music

Thumbwhopper
Community Member

I used to say “hey Google  play jazz on spotify in the kitchen” and my Sono speakers in the kitchen would play jazz. Then, I bought a beam and two Sonos Romes and I had an ark. I want them to Google Home. So I can talk to those speakers directly. But when I tell Google to play jazz on any speaker, I get the error message “it looks like you haven’t set up your account with the media service“. But I went into the home app for Google and it links to my spotify azzoint to the home app. How do I get my Sonos speakers, which are linked with Google, to play music connected to my Spotify account?  I can do it in either the sonos or spotify apps.  Thank you 

1 Recommended Answer

After spending more than two hours on the phone with Sonos, the fix was to go into the Sonos settings, remove Spotify, then add it back. Good luck!

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nbsuraiya
Community Member

Having this same issue. Following

After spending more than two hours on the phone with Sonos, the fix was to go into the Sonos settings, remove Spotify, then add it back. Good luck!

CanadaDoug
Community Member

Same issue, Sonos is not listed as media in the Google home. I suspect it has something to do with the lawsuit.