cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

White Noise ambient sound has changed, is there a way to change it back?

BG2989
Community Member

Been using the white noise ambient sound to help sleep and noticed last night the sound had been changed. Sounds like a new file and it's not only quieter the audio loop is a lot shorter, with a sudden drop off after about 30 minutes before it loops again (the previous one was about an hour long and started again much faster). Is there a way to restore to the older sound file?

1 Recommended Answer

KiiFromGoogle
Community Manager (Admin)
Community Manager (Admin)

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your feedback here! There was an issue impacting our white noise experience. It’s fixed now and working as it previously did. 

Hopefully that answers your questions, but let me know if you need any more help. Thanks! 

View Recommended Answer in original post

206 REPLIES 206

ldrrp
Community Member

Ok I cut out the small drop in between the 1hr marks. Turned it into a 11:59:59 loop, I will be uploading it to youtube for casting. Ill give it a unique name we might be able to use with google. Im thinking "Hey google, Play Original Google White Noise on youtube". Thoughts on the name?

Love it! Please do it today (like now!) if you can. My kid can't sleep without it and bed time is in an hr 😞 

My computer is working as fast as it can lol. 100% cpu and gpu usage lol I got you!

Ack443
Community Member

You are my hero tonight. I have a 2 week old and a 2 year old and we're all in the same room so not having our white noise is enough to cause me a breakdown tonight 

GreenC1008
Community Member

lifesaver 😩

Thank you!!

What are the odds that I saved this file. All I was trying to do is automate playing it at the same time every day but found a way with google routines so I gave up but kept the file. I thank Home assistant for showing me the url of the file my googles were playing.

ldrrp
Community Member

Ok so heres the deal, 100% usage on my laptop. I have a decent PC but it takes forever to generate a 12hr video. I cant upload mp3 files to youtube so I have to add a thumbnail and make it an mp4 to youtube. Dont expect a video today, gonna be an overnight thing. In the meantime I uploaded the original 1hr file and the edited 12hr in this share folder. Google if your reading this please dont dmca me. Ill remove the share if google reports or asks me to.

Thanks! Much appreciated. 

Here's a workaround I'm using. I created a play list with one of the 1 hr white noise clips mentioned on this thread (little ones), added the song 12 times as saved it as "white noise". Now I just ask google to "play white noise Playlist". 

Where did you create the playlist? 

Youtube music app. 

This is great!, I might drop the 12hr video and do this as a 1hr video but with the fadein/out cut out of the original file.

What a legend. Filling in the steps of the Google giants and saving this community of tired parents.

I'll buy you a beer 🍻

GreenC1008
Community Member

For everyone on Mac and iPhone wondering how to use this, I downloaded this to my computer, plugged my phone in, opened iTunes (Music Now) and dragged and dropped this into the music section. I then set it on loop, turned on my phone and google home's bluetooth, and fingers crossed it'll stay on overnight. 

I really hope your 12 hour file doesn't have yelling somewhere in it. I'm putting too much trust into a stranger who happened to have the file, haha

lmao im dying reading this. I have a 2 and 3 yr old so i really hope i didnt haha.

Ack443
Community Member

Any idea how to get the file you made to cast to my google? Spotify blocks it 

You can say “hey google, turn on bluetooth” and bluetooth your phone to it and use it as a speaker 😊

The real MVP

Hardb
Community Member

Thank you for this. I'm one very happy, mama today. 

You are amazing. This is the only good news I've received in a sea of bad news this week, and probably enough to prevent me from having a meltdown. Thank you so much!

rbowZ28
Community Member

Thank you so much for preserving this for us! I'm very grateful! I'll be able to get some sleep tonight! 

djpipes
Community Member

Looks like you new a YouTube Premium account. It doesn't work for me. Not on my Mini. This issue is so annoying. Nice work Google to screw this up for us 

ldrrp
Community Member

Google, dont fix what isnt broken!!!! My toddlers are sleep regressing!!!!

Kayliyth
Community Member

This is incredibly frustrating it's so muffled and it has to be turned up. Our neighbors are loud and it helps drown them out so our 1 year old can sleep. Please change it back to the original Google. 

Brmbtt
Community Member

Man if someone at google is reading this, please fix this and revert to the old sound

Annoyed
Community Member

I agree with everything said above, the "River sounds" option is the way to go until the white noise is "fixed". In my opinion the original white noise file could be louder too, I often had it set louder than I would have music and would then have to turn the speaker down whenever I was playing anything other than white noise. This really is a pretty basic function, it shouldn't be this hard to get it right, nor should it require so many people to complain to get it fixed.

Jerzyiroc
Community Member

I found "Baby Sleep White Noise" by littleONES on YouTube Music sounds almost exactly the same. 1hr and same fade in and out. Just cast it to your Google home/mini and set it to repeat. 

vasquja
Community Member

Thank heavens I found this thread. My wife and I were going nuts trying to figure out what went wrong with our Home Mini tonight. Our 1 year old is a light sleeper and we relied on this to drown out noise during nap time and sleep. It’s basically useless now. 
It’s bad enough that she’s teething again, and now this crap. I’m fixing to throw this speaker in the trash and just go with a white noise machine. We can’t have another sleepless night!

Try "Baby Sleep White Noise" by littleONES on YouTube Music and cast it to your Google home/mini. 

Ack443
Community Member

I tried this and got ads. Is a subscription the only way to avoid this? 

Jerzyiroc
Community Member

Ah **bleep**. You probably need YouTube premium to avoid the ads ☹️

Bowierl
Community Member

Google please change back to original file! Those one is too quiet and very annoying

GreenC1008
Community Member

This is making me go crazy!!! Is there any phone number I can call to reach out to support? My biggest issue is you have to turn it up very high to get any sound, but then if you ask google anything in the night, you might wake your house up!

TiredParent
Community Member

Another angry parent here!

We live next to a busy road where people think they are in 'Fast and Furious'. The original white noise is the ONLY one that would keep the noise at bay and my toddler sleeping through the night. This parent is exhausted. I might need to send Google my bill for all the coffee I now need to stay awake throughout the day🙃

Try "Baby Sleep White Noise" by littleONES on YouTube Music and cast it to your Google home/mini!

iOnlyComplain
Community Member

Google, that was unnecessary. 

Brown Noise Sound Machine (12 Hours) on spotify is working for us 🙌

RJ2
Community Member

Going to echo what everyone has been saying. We've been using the old white noise for the last year for our 12 month old, new sound is screwing with her sleep. Please change it back!

Careyellen47
Community Member

Has anyone resolved this?

Kathy7
Community Member

Also having the same issue here in Australia. The audio quality is terrible and muffled. Volume has to be way up and the sounds dips out, causing wakes. Not the point of white noise at all as it's meant to be a steady sound. Please rectify asap google.