cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

google home mini controlling lights except on/off

jordanOWLflight
Community Member

My Google Home Mini is connected to a set of Gosund lightbulbs. I'm able to control the color and brightness of the lightbulbs with my voice and within the Home app, but neither my voice or the Home app is able to turn the lights on or off. When trying to do so within the Home app, a "Something went wrong" popup appears. And when I use a voice command, the Home Mini responds with "Sorry, it looks like those lights haven't been set up yet. You can do that in the System Settings."

None of the following resolves the problem: I've used the "Sync devices" command, and the Home Mini responds with "Sure, syncing devices for Gosund Smart." I've unlinked and relinked the Gosund lightbulbs to the Home Mini. And I've done a factory reset of the Home Mini.

Has anyone else encountered the same or similar problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

SonpuRospam
Community Member

I'm having the exact same issue here, but the assistant also answer's with "Sorry, I don't understand, please try one of the following options" (on the Google hub). Were you able to fix it?

Still not fixed. Have to control power with phone. Voice commands only change color. Will try a factory reset of the bulbs next.

Hey there, 

So sorry for the late response, but I wanted to make sure that we addressed your concerns.

I wanted to hop in here to see if we still needed help on this. I have sent this information over to our engineering team and they ask that you provide them feedback through the Google Home app to them. They suggest including the keywords, "#Lights" along with the name brand of the lights and a short description of what you're encountering.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours. 

Have a great day. 

Garrett DS

Hi Garrett, 

In my case, issue has not been resolved. In fact, I tried providing feedback directly from the Hub at the same time that I found this guy with the same issue and I haven't heard back from them.

Hey there, 

The issue has not been resolved, that is correct. Please refer to my previous response, as we would love to have feedback sent to the team including the keyword, "#Lights". 

I will be going ahead and locking this thread and will reopen if any updates emerge. 

Best regards, 

Garrett DS