cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

(kGSKError Domain error -83902.)

Jules484
Community Member

I installed a new modem and now cannot connect to my Hub Max or other devices. I have followed advice from other forum but still no go. I have factory reset all devices, deleted Google Home app & reinstalled it on my phone to no avail. I have wasted over 5 hours trying to get reconnected.

Please Help

14 REPLIES 14

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Are you trying to set it up with a normal personal Gmail account?

Jules484
Community Member

Hi David, I have been using the Google home app on my iPhone & everything was working perfectly but I replaced my router yesterday and now I constantly get this error message on all 3 devices every time I try to reinstall. I have not to my knowledge used my gmail account in conjunction with the Google home app. Soooo frustrated as it appears to have been plaguing people for the last couple of years.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You have to login to the Google Home app with an account. What type of account are you using? Does it end in @Gmail.com?

Jules484
Community Member

No, I am using my Hotmail account.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Okay, so you must have created a Google account with your Hotmail email.

Is your phone's language and region set to English?

Are you using any proxy or VPN apps? If so, try turning those off?

As you’re using an iPhone or iPad, open the settings app then:

1. Tap your name at the top > iCloud > Private Relay > Off.
  2. Tap back to the main settings screen > Privacy & Security > Local Network > Enable Google Home.

Jules484
Community Member

The phone is set to uk English as I had read in forums that sometimes this was the problem. All my iPhone settings were already exactly as you described. 
Re the proxy or VPN apps you have now gotten to the point where I am totally lost. What, where or how would I identify those please.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

If you don't know what those are you're most likely not using them so don't worry about that.

Does it still give you the error if you create a new home and try and setup the device in a new home?

Jules484
Community Member

I haven’t tried that yet as I was hoping to avoid having to set EVERYTHING up again lol. 
I can still control lights from a third party app but the camera which is on the same app is saying it is offline. The first time I tried to turn it on it came up with a message about the router but I can get get it to repeat the message. Am I clutching at straws or do I really need to delete my home and start from scratch?

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Just try with one device first, trying to narrow down where the issue is here.

Interesting about the router error related message you saw. It’s possible that your Wi-Fi router has a setting enabled that is preventing your device from working properly. Refer to the manual or documentation that came with your Wi-Fi router or consult the manufacturer’s support website to check the following settings on your router are set correctly.

Enable

• Universal Plug and Play (UPnP)
  • Multicast
  • Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)

Disable:

• AP/client isolation
  • Virtual private networks (VPNs) 
  • Proxy servers
  • Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) Proxy
  • MAC Address Filtering

Jules484
Community Member

Thanks David, I will contact my service provider tomorrow and check all that out with them. If all goes well I will give you feedback to share with others if not, I’ll be chatting with you again tomorrow for further suggestions.

Many thanks, Jules

Jules484
Community Member

Hi David, I checked with my service provider and we went through my modem setting against the list of things you suggested. Everything seems to be normal and working fine. I guess this means I have to delete my home off the Google home app & try starting again?

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I wouldn't do anything with your current home structure for now.

Simply create a new home, and try setting up 1 device in that new home for testing purposes.

Jules484
Community Member

Hi David, I’m getting frustrated now that this isn’t working so I deleted my home and created a new one. Didn’t work. I deleted Google home and reinstalled the app but it came back with all my new home details & devices on it. Tried to install 1 device but the same error message came up again. I also created a new Google account with a gmail extension instead of Hotmail which I used in the creation of the new home, made no difference.

Next suggestion please 😱🤯😤🤞

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

In that case, maybe we can confirm some other possible causes.

• You're using the latest version of iOS? As of writing that's iOS 17.0.3.
  • You're using the latest version of the Google Home app? As of writing that's 3.7.103.
  • You've tried turning your phone off and on again?
  • Your Google account language is also set to English? See here: https://myaccount.google.com/language

I wonder if you'll get the same error if you try these alternate setup steps?

1. Force close the Google Home app. Swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe up on the Google Home app. On older devices with a home button, double-click the Home button, then swipe up on the Google Home app.
  2. Open your phone or tablet's settings app.
  3. Open the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
  4. Look for and connect to an available network with the name “GoogleHomeXXXX" (where XXXX is a random number).
  5. Once connected, re-open the Google Home app and follow the steps on screen.