Did you mean: 
Chromecast
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need help with setup? Troubleshoot common Chromecast problems

Here are some steps I recommend to resolve issues during the setup of your Chromecast.Step 1: Things to check on your phone or tablet Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Turn off cellular/mobile data.This ensures your phone or tablet does not try to use mob...

David_K by Platinum Product Expert
  • 0 replies
  • 8 kudos

disabling ambient mode on chromecast ultra ?

I use google nest. I have 4 speakers in one group. If I play some music in the group everything works fine. However, if I add another device to the group and that is the chromecast ultra, the whole group starts to work strangely. There are various mu...

okoun by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dolby Atmos not working with Chromecast Ultra

I have seen a few forum posts on this, but none have helped me.My chromecast Details are:System Firmware Version: 281627Cast firmware 1.56.281627 I have a Sony STR-DH790 receiver with HDMI in from a PS4, HDMI out to a projector, and a 5.1.2 Atmos spe...

Sinc remote.

Google says my TV will not accept audio commands from Chromecast remote. Volume and mute do not respond. Suggestions short of a new Tv?

New Chromecast Remote and Aldi Vivid TV

I’ve been using an old chromecast in the bedroom (like 1st or 2nd gen), just casting my iPad to it. It’s become a bit unreliable, so I purchased a new chromecast, which now comes with the remote.I also have google nests throughout the house, and can ...

Camsel by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome cast I’ve bought 3 and they all shutoff periodically

I have used the 4k bought 3 of them all seem to get very warm and turn off frequently with check device power. This has happened with multiple tv all Samsung and 2 different networks , even replaced power supply on one. What is going on. I have a lar...

Degolf007 by Community Member
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chromecast started to cast in wrong aspect ratio

Hello, I've has chromecast for years and it has worked perfectly well until yesterday when it started to cast in the wrong aspect ratio to the TV. Instead of 16:9 the picture now looks like it is compressed to fit 21:9 and is utterly unwatchable.I ha...

AHellNo by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Missing emails about topic updates -- chromecast ultra power supply

(1) Where to find Ultra Power Supply - Google Nest CommunityHi -- I never received a notice that someone had replied to my post, but here is the issue. The Chromecast Ultra limits resolution unless it is attached to its smart adapter, I thought. So a...

Derim by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos