Did you mean: 
Chromecast
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need help with setup? Troubleshoot common Chromecast problems

Here are some steps I recommend to resolve issues during the setup of your Chromecast.Step 1: Things to check on your phone or tablet Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Turn off cellular/mobile data.This ensures your phone or tablet does not try to use mob...

David_K by Platinum Product Expert
  • 0 replies
  • 8 kudos

My tv is not in the Google Tv list

Hiwhen is wanted to install my New Chromecast with Google tv it asked for my TV brand. (It’s a Dyon) this one is not in the list. So volume and on/off button don’t work. does somebody have a alternative brand which I could try?

JTC_1985 by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Settings not available

Running the Kodi App on Chromecast works fine.But when Kodi is running and returning to the home screen, it is not possible to go into settings or start the screen saver in Ambient mode.Is this a sign of too little memory available on the Chromecast?...

krogsbell by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Green dot in right hand corner of screen

My chromecast has a green dot in the top right of the screen at all times, even when movies are playing. I know this is because of the microphone being active & useable by apps, but this is an integral part of the device & its voice assistant, why mu...

MattSerle9 by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Trouble setting up 4K Chromecast on phone through google home app

Hello, If anyone can help, I’ve been having no luck setting up my Chromecast for the last two hours. I’ve had it for less than a month and when I initially set it up, I set it up using the remote. Now that I want to use my phone to cast things, I had...

IMG_0232.PNG

Cannot Cast from Chrome Browser

Hi there. Recently I have ran into issues casting from the Chrome browser to my Chromecast. I can cast with no issue from my phone, but I have tried with Chrome browser on multiple computers and the Chromecast does not appear in the list of devices t...

snappums by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote & Accessories ---> Set Up Remote Buttons

Hi everyone,I'm having an issue with my Google Chromecast remote. It was working fine when I first set it up, but now it won't turn on my Insignia TV. It can turn the TV off, but not on. I've checked the settings under Remote & Accessories, but there...

Image.jpg
Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem after last update...

Chromecast not working properly after last update. TV iptv channels are jammed synchronously. After checking all the options, the fault is clearly on the Chromcast side.Videos: https://youtu.be/Cadcp9qq-8c

dashoo77 by Community Member
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ivano tv for chrome cast remote. Use brand phillips and it works

Viano tv brand doesn’t show up but when I used phillips it worked. There were 14 or so phillips remote types and one of the phillips types worked. Now my chrome cast remote can turn the tv on and adjust the volume as well as control google tv

N7kkp by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chromecast with Google TV no longer turns on

My chromecast with Google tv no longer turns on when pressing the power button. The only way I can get it to turn back on is to unplug it and reset. This is somewhat difficult because it’s behind the mounted tv. At first I was just having audio issue...