Did you mean: 
Nest Protect
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Updates on Nest Protect and pending Scottish legislation changes

Hey everyone, I appreciate everyone’s patience as they’ve shared their feedback and questions regarding the pending Scottish legislation changes. We’re aware of the proposed legislation changes to the fire and smoke alarm standard in Scotland requiri...

RachelC by Googler
  • 243 replies
  • 7 kudos

Heat Sensor for Garage

We just completed the construction of our new home in Washington state and installed Google Nest Protect smoke detectors throughout the house. When we went to receive our final, the inspector called out our builder for not installing a heat sensor in...

Nest camera history, window/door security tabs, and smoke alarms.

I have a Nest Secure system and smoke alarms, and window/door security alarms all throughout my home. I successfully migrated my secure motion detection system from Nest to ADT per the forewarned shutdown. I also can view current activity for my came...

DavidSFO by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NVM: False Alarm for Room that Doesn't Exist

The settings for just one of the devices had a "spoken name" different from its location designation. I reconciled the two. I would delete this message, but I can't seem to find anyway to do so.

mwylie by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest Protect: 2nd Gen Smoke + CO Alarm - Battery malfunction

In 2021 I bought a package of three Nest Protect: 2nd Gen Smoke + CO Alarms, battery powered. A month ago, one of them started making false smoke alarms ("Heads up! There's smoke in the house. The alarm may go off. It's going to be loud.") There was ...

MBrunel by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Need help accessing Nest Protects via USB connection as suggested

I took my six down checking options suggested via another of my threads about the withdrawal of support 4/8/2024(Nest Secure) and everything downstream. While putting these back online one of my the Protect Entry Codes was scraped/disfigured bad enou...

Mackie77 by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest protect 2nd battery power adapter

Hi!I noticed the Nest Protect 2nd generation has a mine USB adapter on the back. Can I add a power adapter there instead or in addition to the batteries?Thanks

darienmt by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Low battery indication in a multi-Nest Protect environment

I have two Nest Protects. The one in the workshop was flagged up as having a low battery. And it also lit up the orange circle - as per the manual.However, I noticed that the one in the house was also indicating orange yet the status said that the ba...

wood by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inquiry Regarding Google Nest Protect API Support

Hi,I am reaching out to inquire about the availability of an API for the Google Nest Protect (smoke detector) device.As part of my project, I am currently using the Google SDM API to integrate various Google Nest devices. However, I have noticed that...