Did you mean: 
Nest Thermostats
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need help with setup? Troubleshoot common Nest Thermostat problems

Here are some steps I recommend to resolve issues during the setup of Nest Thermostats.Before trying these stepsMake sure you're using the correct app for setup. Need help checking which model you have? Use the Google Home app to set up the following...

David_K by Platinum Product Expert
  • 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Resolved! Why isnt my system compatible?

I just purchased a nest and the app says my system is not compatible but it is a brand new HVAC and it is not high voltage. Can anyone fill me in on why my system isn't compatible? Bonus points if you a know a way to make it compatible.

HVAC.jpg
BMax by Community Member
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Nest Heat Link Wiring Help UK

Anyone shed any light on how to connect these wires, tried a number of combos and nothing seems to enable Nest to turn on heating. Reinstalled old Honeywell and works no issue. The loop from L to 1 is also confusing me, and then into 4, but this is a...

45F5E50D-E8F5-4CFA-A64F-70D1A780E325.jpeg
Ashok2429 by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with setting locations

I have two learning thermostats in two locations, but I think I set them up wrong; they both show that they are in the same home, even though they’re not. How can I fix this?

Mijnordna by Community Member
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Thermostat compatibility

Does this wiring look like it will be compatible with the Nest Learning Thermostat. This controls a heat pump.  

B6782A01-7F6F-45BE-9B5C-D558E446A5CC.jpeg
Uni24 by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Heat does not work. Do I have a wiring issue?

Hello,I followed the installation instructions to the letter. I was provided a wiring diagram from the Nest app setup and wired the system accordingly. When I switch to the heating function the heat does not switch on and fan will cycle continuously....

IMG_2550.jpeg IMG_2553.jpeg IMG_2554.jpeg
JA7 by Community Member
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Wiring compatibility

I went through the set up and got as far as the wiring which I was told to contact Nest support to confirm compatibility. Based on what I’ve found X2 is the same as W2 but the set up still said I needed to contact support. We loved our Nest thermosta...

402839F0-A347-4369-A00B-881E68E34170.jpeg
Lindsijoe by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cooling instead of heat.

I installed a Nest Leaning Thermostat last week. We have had ac on since. Now we need heat. I have reset. And have changed from O to B still no heat. Photos to show factory, Nest. Any help would be great. Thanks.    

AFF3094E-7929-4B0A-8C95-EDEE1BA32664.jpeg B8387EFD-3BC3-47D4-9D87-2FC206D07BCF.jpeg
Jconnell65 by Community Member
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest - please make the timer more flexible

With rising energy bills people need to save more and use less unnecessary energy. The optimum time my water tank needs to fully heat is 47 minutes (don’t ask how I know that!).Why am forced to choose either half an hour or an hour to heat my water? ...

RachelS by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos