Did you mean: 
Nest Thermostats
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need help with setup? Troubleshoot common Nest Thermostat problems

Here are some steps I recommend to resolve issues during the setup of Nest Thermostats.Before trying these stepsMake sure you're using the correct app for setup. Need help checking which model you have? Use the Google Home app to set up the following...

David_K by Platinum Product Expert
  • 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Synchronized fan schedule with two thermostats

I have two Nest thermostats in two zones. I use the fan schedule to run the fan every hour for 15 minutes on both thermostats.Looks like the are not running the fan at at the same time.Is there a way to synchronize the fan turn on and turn off on bot...

mahi70 by Community Member
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Fan not automatically starting in heating mode

I recently moved into a new house which had the nest 2nd gen thermostat installed. In Cooling mode all works fine (Select the temperature and then the cooling system and fan start up no problem) but in heating mode I cannot get the fan to automatical...

Normalguy by Community Member
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest heat link not working ,

Hi I have spoken to Google customer care today and gone through various ideas about getting it to reset and work Result is I now have a case no and was suggested I contact a nest Pro Installer which I have tried contacting two in my local area . Only...

John67 by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Nest integration with Home Assistant AND Alexa broken

Since Wednesday, my Nest thermostat is no longer available in both the Home Assistant and Alexa skill.I have completely re-setup both integrations and, whilst they can both log in to my Google/Nest account and offer the thermostat in the list of devi...

PeterHvD by Community Member
  • 77 replies
  • 21 kudos

Cannot Sign Into Nest App

I cannot connect to the Nest App. I'm prompted to sign in with my Google account, I select it, allow access, and I am then transferred to the Google home screen (www.google.com). Account never adds to Nest and I cannot remotely control my device.

Trouble Setting Up Learning Thermostat

 I’m having repeating issues finishing my Learning Thermostat set-up. At the last step, I get a message that “We’re having trouble communicating with the Nest service right now”. I’ve restarted the thermostat multiple times, restarted my internet and...

B8618571-C03E-4B77-9B01-BABAFF046DDC.png
Djensen by Community Member
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Add phone for home/away without full access?

We just got a nest learning thermostat and want the home/away feature to trigger from our phones, and our kids phones. Is there a way to use the kids phones without giving them full access in Google home? They get home from school hours before us, an...

eepsu1 by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please help, tried everything

I just moved into a new apartment and I cannot connect to the Nest app or Google home. When the Nest app asks for the entry key, I type it in and press enter, but nothing happens. I can press enter 50 times and nothing happens. So, I try to scan the ...

kasimo22 by Community Member
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Qr code trouble

Trying to get nest app to work. I entered my entry code then they wanted the QR code. It shows up on my phone but it won't let me click on it to accept it. I have what looks like a circle spinning like my phone is buffering and it does nothing else. ...

Sandy21 by Community Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos