Did you mean: 
Nest Thermostats
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need help with setup? Troubleshoot common Nest Thermostat problems

Here are some steps I recommend to resolve issues during the setup of Nest Thermostats.Before trying these stepsMake sure you're using the correct app for setup. Need help checking which model you have? Use the Google Home app to set up the following...

David_K by Platinum Product Expert
  • 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Nest E wiring question

I have this wiring question my old thermostat has 2 wires connected to the W terminal (white and brown) how do I connect these to the Nest E which has only one W terminal? Do I just join them together and connect it?https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachm...

Joelgarr by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with Nest Thermostat E Wiring

My Heating and cooling system used the following wires G, Y, W, RH. There is also a jumper from RH to RC. I have the themostat wired using connections to Y1, G, R and W1. The RH (red) wire is connected to the R connection. There is a blue wire, but i...

br3tt22 by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Copy Schedule to Another Nest

I am installing additional Nest Thermostat E devices in my house. Is there a way to copy the current schedule from my existing Nest E to the new ones?

ScottG_TC by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Don't recommend Nest Thermostat E

Bought two Nest Thermostat-E years ago. Installed both at the same time; each controlling different floors. One working perfectly; no issues. 2nd blinking green and orange, no longer "wakes up" when you walk by. Supposed to indicate battery issues (h...

PL3 by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

nest E goes offline randomly

I have a Nest Thermostat E in garage area that is heat only. In the last few months it randomly goes offline even though no wifi issues in the house. I have charged the unit. There is no C wire. Any thoughts?

EWV by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Air Filter Reminder via e-mail?

I could have sworn in the past that I would receive an e-mail when it is time to change the filter?I know that it does show up on the actual unit as a reminder.How do I activate the reminder to be sent to my e-mail?Thanks

lgbalfa by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest e is not powering on- 2 black wire installation

I am replacing the old thermostat in my house which is a Cozy Reed Switch Thermostat with the Nest E Thermostat. There are two unlabeled black wires that come out of the wall. After connecting the Nest thermostat to R and W1, it doesn't power up.Is t...

Nest e heatlink not closing zone valve

My new Nest e thermostat is connected to a heatlink replacing a Honeywell T40 on the ground floor. When the boiler is turned on, the zone valve is open. The heatlink seems to have no control over the zone valve and stays in the open position until th...