Did you mean: 
Nest Thermostats
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need help with setup? Troubleshoot common Nest Thermostat problems

Here are some steps I recommend to resolve issues during the setup of Nest Thermostats.Before trying these stepsMake sure you're using the correct app for setup. Need help checking which model you have? Use the Google Home app to set up the following...

David_K by Platinum Product Expert
  • 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Nest Heat Link Replacement - Where is case number?

My installer has confirmed that our Nest heatlink device has power but does not work. It is just out of warranty. I cannot find replacement parts from Google. I’m told there is a replacement service, but we need heat NOW, the device is apparently eas...

JulianH by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest Thermostat Not Working

My Mom's Nest thermostat is not working. I took it off the wall and charged and it finally says the battery needs to recharge, and then it turns off and won't turn back on. I have taken it off the wall again and charged it, and a green light flashes,...

LKOM by Community Member
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thermostat is not connecting to Wi-Fi

I’ve gone through all the steps provided online which included resetting the device, but I have not been successful. I have also made sure that other devices can connect to the router without a problem. I would appreciate any help because I’ve tried ...

Haidari934 by Community Member
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nest 3 Thermostat is Offline and Showing Low Battery

Our Nest 3 (installed last August 2023) is offline and showing low battery. It is connected to the wall and after a 2+hour recharge on USB, is still showing low battery and will not connect to wifi or maintain a charge. Have seen others appear to be ...

LMFlans by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Low Battery for 2nd generation thermostat

Good evening all. I have just moved into a new home and the owner has left me her nest learning thermostat. I have tried to set it up on line but it needs an entry key. When I go into settings and press on the best app it says low battery and won’t c...

Peachy1 by Community Member
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Nest w5 error

Hi, I have an error code W5 I finally got in touch with customer services after a week messaging, and they are sending a refurbished nest thermostat, do I have to except a refurbished item, my one is only 6 months old?

Wi-Fi Connection Error/w5

If you are seeing the “wi-fi connection error/w5” there is nothing you can do to remedy this fix. So please don’t spend countless hours reading the same troubleshooting tips and community blogs. Simply contact Google Customer Service, which is at the...