cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t remove home from Nest app

TomKat
Community Member

I have created a second home in Google Nest by mistake. Now I can’t remove it.  I managed to remove it from Google Home, but it still exists in Google Nest. Google support says select ‚leave home’ but there is no such option. I can only select ,remove home’,  but that refers me back to Google Home.  I have searched the internet but found no solution. Only posts from other people who have the same problem. 

5 REPLIES 5

Cary1111
Community Member

Hi, try this...

1. Open the Google Home app .
  2. If you have more than one home, tap Favorites . At the top, tap the down arrow select the home you want to edit.
  3. Tap Settings .
  4. Scroll to the bottom Delete this home.
  5. Tap Delete home to confirm.
Cary Cervantes

TomKat
Community Member

Many thanks, Cary1111. I had already removed that home from Google Home. It is not there anymore. But it cannot be removed from Google Nest. Reinstalling Nest didn’t solve this problem. I have now logged in to my Nest account via a browser and found that the home I want to remove is there. So it appears to exist on Nest servers, not just my devices. And it cannot be removed from there either.  

Cary1111
Community Member

Try these steps and let me know the results I'm curious.  Click the link below and then scroll to "Remove a home from the Nest app"

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9293015?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&sjid=30280638... 

Cary Cervantes

Cary1111
Community Member

Also force close the app, clear the cache and in some cases uninstalling it and reinstalling it helps. 

Cary Cervantes

Cary1111
Community Member

For more detailed information refer to this site: Remove Google devices from the Google Home app

Cary Cervantes