cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HOW DO I RELINK MY GOOGLE ACCOUNT

eviepotts
Community Member

What do i do when my hey Google says that i need to relink my Google account! 

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

When you have a smart home integration with a device manufacturer/company there is a account linking process between Google and that Company on the Google Account. The Google system  stores access tokens to interact with these services on your behalf ( For eg. When you give a Google Assistant command to interact with your devices ). Occasionally  if this account linking is broken or the service side company invalidates this token (sometimes by mistake) Google Home may respond to your smart home by something went wrong or please re-link your account. For those cases try unlinking your account going through disconnecting devices/services documentation

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

When you have a smart home integration with a device manufacturer/company there is a account linking process between Google and that Company on the Google Account. The Google system  stores access tokens to interact with these services on your behalf ( For eg. When you give a Google Assistant command to interact with your devices ). Occasionally  if this account linking is broken or the service side company invalidates this token (sometimes by mistake) Google Home may respond to your smart home by something went wrong or please re-link your account. For those cases try unlinking your account going through disconnecting devices/services documentation