cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Home App won't recognize Pixel 6 Pro

Llumy
Community Member

I originally posted this in the Pixel 6 Pro forum at https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/136567025/home-app-won-t-recognize-pixel-6-pro?hl=en&ms...

Prior to purchasing the Pixel 6 Pro, I had the Pixel 3 XL.  In the Google Home App I have presence sensing setup.  After migrating to the Pixel 6 Pro (and deactivation / sold the 3 XL), the home app claims my phone is still the 3 XL.  Presence sensing generally works so it appears to just be an issue in the app that doesn't allow it to display the correct phone.  

1 Recommended Answer

jyb4me
Community Member

I had the same problem with my Pixel 3 insisting it was still on.  I read on Reddit a tip to uninstall Home & reinstall it. It worked! I turned off my tablet that I used Home on at home, so I'll see if it changed to my P6P when I turn it back on, but after turning a few settings on in Home, it recognizes my P6P and my P3 can sleep in it's box.

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hate to say to but I think the assisstant forum would have been the right place, but have you tried going into your Google account settings to ensure that your old phone is truly removed ? Instructions in link below 

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3067630?hl=en

Llumy
Community Member

Seems "some place else" is the best option so far. 😁

Thanks for the suggestion (signing out), but I had already done that.

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Ok. Erase the Home app cache in your phone settings and reboot the Google Home devices and your phone  to see if it will force an update.

jyb4me
Community Member

I had the same problem with my Pixel 3 insisting it was still on.  I read on Reddit a tip to uninstall Home & reinstall it. It worked! I turned off my tablet that I used Home on at home, so I'll see if it changed to my P6P when I turn it back on, but after turning a few settings on in Home, it recognizes my P6P and my P3 can sleep in it's box.

Llumy
Community Member

Thanks jyb4me!

I uninstalled, rebooted, then reinstalled Home.  When I went to presence sensing it asked if I wanted to switch my P6P.  It is correct now.