cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest app on iPad isn't displaying up to date information

CaptainSensible
Community Member

I have the Nest app on my (old) iPhone and (new) iPad. The app on the phone always displays up to date information but the “history” section on the iPad is sometimes one or two days behind. I can’t seem to find a way to force it to refresh. I’ve tried closing and re-opening it several times but the data displayed is still out of date. Any ideas on why and how I can get the iPad to display up to date information?

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@CaptainSensible 

That's pretty odd. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Google Nest app on your iPad?

No I haven’t. The iPad now shows the last 2 days of history data; it took about 2 hours yesterday morning for the data to appear. However, on BOTH my iPhone and iPad the history for ‘yesterday’ (now Wednesday) shows “no usage” but when I tap on ‘yesterday’ it shows 6 hours of usage, in 2 lots of 3 hours each, which is what my schedule is set for and what I expected to see. When I tap on ‘yesterday’ again, it goes back to showing “no usage”.  As this is the same on both my iPhone and iPad I think that there is a fault in the app!

@CaptainSensible 

What you're describing seems unfamiliar to me. I've never seen a "history section" in the Google Nest app; the timeline just appears below the live feed in portrait mode and on the right side in landscape mode. And there's no way for us to "tap on yesterday". (Maybe this is because we have 24/7 history with a Nest Aware Plus subscription.  And we don't use a schedule.) And we've never seen anything besides a momentary delay in displaying history.

You don't lose any data by deleting and reinstalling the Google Nest app; after reinstalling, you just sign back in using the same username and password you were previously using.

Hmm - we might not be talking about the same app! On the Nest (Thermostat) app on my iPhone, in portrait or landscape mode, the bottom of the screen shows, from left to right: Mode; Eco; Schedule; and History.  Clicking on history gives me a graphical display of the last 10 days of heating usage.  It initially displays as a solid bar showing the total time of heating demand from the thermostat.  Clicking on any given day expands the bar to show what periods in the day made up that total.  This is what leads to the anomaly: for Wednesday this week, the initial display is "No usage" but tapping on that tap expands it to show 2 bars, each 3 hours long.