cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Broke Google Nest Doorbell trying to get it off the mount

Bhaskar1590
Community Member

I was trying to remove my nest doorbell to charge it, I used the included tool to get it off but I accidentally the front part of the bell came out. I see the contact strip broken. Anyone else had this issue? I can't be the only one. It was really hard to pop it out of the mount.

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Bhaskar1590 

I've seen numerous posts in this forum where the battery doorbell got damaged while unmounting it to charge the doorbell.

If you're within the 1-year warranty, you could try contacting Support about a replacement:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Bhaskar1590 

I've seen numerous posts in this forum where the battery doorbell got damaged while unmounting it to charge the doorbell.

If you're within the 1-year warranty, you could try contacting Support about a replacement:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

Thanks @MplsCustomer

They are sending a replacement as it's still under warranty.