cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cancelling a nest aware subscription

ncmeyer
Community Member

I am trying to cancel a nest aware subscription for a "Home" that was deleted in Google Home!  The subscription does show up in Google Store and Nest Aware directs me to Google Store.

9 REPLIES 9

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@ncmeyer 

You said your subscription shows up in the Google Store, so if you go to the Subscription Management page (https://store.google.com/subscriptions) and click on your subscription, you should be able to click on the "More" icon (the 3 dots) and select "Cancel subscription").

Or you could try the "Contact us" option under "Nest Aware Premier Care" on the page below to "Get 24/7 access to Nest Aware Experts on the Nest Customer Care team. They’re available to answer questions, help you access features, and manage your subscription."

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9233159

ncmeyer
Community Member

I had to delete my original Home (named Dream Home) in Google Home because we changed wifi networks and I then created a new Home in Google Home.  So the original Nest Aware subscriptions shows up in the subscription section but I can not cancel the subscription.  I click on manage subscription and only the new Nest Aware subscription in the new Home shows up.

@ncmeyer 

Then try the "Contact us" link.

I have clicked on the contact us link; it just keeps sending me to various forums where I see people who have the same issue!!  I NEED THIS SUBSCRIPTION CANCELED!  My next step is contacting my credit card company and filing a complaint. 

@ncmeyer 

That's probably because you are clicking on one of the various suggested Help topics on the "Resources" page. Many customers seem to get caught in that loop.  Don't click on any of those; just click on "Next step".

you can't click Next Step without entering an issue

@ncmeyer 

I just did these steps.

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp?&utm_term=premierhelpcontact&sjid=12886619714687489016....
2. Select "Nest Aware" and type in "Cancel subscription", then click "Next".
3. Click "About cancelling a subscription", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

Note that on the "Resources" page, "Next step" at the bottom can be clicked on without clicking any of the other links:

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 11.20.48 AM.png

@ncmeyer 

Just to be really clear, do NOT click on any of the links that I've crossed out:

@ncmeyer 

Just click on "Next step".  I don't know why Google Nest designed this page the way they did.  Many customers never click "Next step" and never get to the "Contact options" page.