cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Doorbell Chime on Hubs/Speaker but not announcement

CasperLad
Community Member

Hi All,

Hopefully this is an easy one but ive struggled to find the answers. 

I have a nest doorbell (battery) installed at my new home. I also have a nest hub in living room and a nest speaker in my office.  It currently works fine that when the doorbell is pressed the chime goes off and the announcement is heard.

However, Is it possible so that when the doorbell is pressed the hub/speaker only plays the chime and not the announcement? All i can see only is its a either or situation?

Thanks all 

1 Recommended Answer

@Super_paulie 

If you set a speaker to "Do not disturb", you won't get "Visitor announcements" on that speaker.

And yes, Google Nest's only option is to get the chime AND the announcement, though many in this forum have asked for an option on this.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super_paulie
Community Member

its all or nothing as far as im aware. You cant even have it not chime on a speaker, so a speaker in the babies bedroom still shouts "SOMEONE IS AT THE DOOR!". Stupid.

@Super_paulie 

If you set a speaker to "Do not disturb", you won't get "Visitor announcements" on that speaker.

And yes, Google Nest's only option is to get the chime AND the announcement, though many in this forum have asked for an option on this.

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Can confirm(and second the suggestion for DND on speakers in rooms that you wouldnt want to have them), I would suggest sending feedback via the app , the more google gets, the higher the chance they will implement a change.