cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Doorbell continually offline

TB2019
Community Member

My Doorbell is continually offline.     Can the Nest connect range extender be used, or is it only for the Nest security products?

8 REPLIES 8

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello,  I'm an end user like you.  Is this a new problem and the doorbell has been working previously?   The reason I ask is a number of people are running into a cold weather issue with their doorbells.  Here is a link from Google.  Does this sound like what you are running into?

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/11830989?hl=en#:~:text=Nest%20Doorbell%20(battery),-If%...

Thanks nester,    I have the wired doorbell,  I dont think weather is the issue for this one.  

gilleslibre
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

I can't vouch for the Nest connect extender as I don't have one, however, I do use a range extender from my Internet service provider, and it does correct the faulty wifi connection which I continously used to experiment with one of my cameras. Now, this particular camera is always connected and recording to the cloud. 

Thanks gilleslibre,   I'm thinking I need to do the same.  My current router is a few rooms away.   

gilleslibre
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

In my case, the router is also a few rooms away, and the camera is located outside of my small brick house. The wifi signal has to travel through this distance and through the brick wall. Just far enough so that the wifi signal is not consistent.

The wifi extender corrects this difficulty and since it's installation, the camera is consistently connected. 

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi TB2019,  So has this ever worked correctly for you and this is a recentl new problem?

It’s newly installed.    Been happening upon install.   

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hmmmm, at this point I thinking it is a weak wifi signal as well.   What kind of WIFI router do you have?   I have (3) of the Eero MESH routers and they are fantastic.  I have amazing coverage everywhere including front, back and side yards.  I even have some WIFI garden lights out on my front lawn actually sitting on the ground about 40 feet from my front door and even those stay connected.