cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floodlight DISAPPEARED from Home app and will not return

HomeProdsStink
Community Member

I am so fed up with Google Home. I have a nest cam with floodlight and have had nothing but troubles with it for almost three months now. The floodlight was showing offline and the app wouldn't control it.  I fixed that problem after days of resetting, removing, reinstalling, and performing every single suggested fix I could find online. Just when I thought I had everything settled, about 4 days ago the floodlight disappeared from the Home list of devices. It still works, the camera is working, but the app will not load the floodlight back onto it.  I have tried everything. I have updated, removed, and reinstalled Google Home.  I have removed the device (camera), five second reset and 10 second reset and reinstalled it three times, each time telling the app it was a cam WITH FLOODLIGHT. I SAW the floodlight disappear from the app.  No idea why. I cannot get it to come back. 
Any help? 

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@HomeProdsStink 

Perhaps you need to contact Support about replacing what may be a defective camera. We've had a battery camera (it's the same camera used in the floodlight fixture) for over 2-1/2 years, plugged in with the optional power cable, and it's been "Live" and online the whole time.  Having your camera disappear from the Google Home app seems peculiar.

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@HomeProdsStink 

Perhaps you need to contact Support about replacing what may be a defective camera. We've had a battery camera (it's the same camera used in the floodlight fixture) for over 2-1/2 years, plugged in with the optional power cable, and it's been "Live" and online the whole time.  Having your camera disappear from the Google Home app seems peculiar.

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

Thank you!  I have contacted support and will be getting a replacement camera with floodlights.  I hope to have better luck with their products in the future.