cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google/Nest Camera Viewing on computer

JRo
Community Member

As usual, the correct labels (required) for this form were not available so I selected Nest Cam Indoor even though this is not a Nest Camera issue at all.  This is a Google/Chrome issue.  Google has been hounding me for months and months to transfer my Nest cameras to Google so that I could take advantage of additional features.  I've been extremely hesitant because nothing that I've seen from Google has come close to the quality of service I used to receive from Nest. I did, however, on Friday, transfer all remaining cameras to Google.  Now, I cannot see any of the transferred cameras on the home.google.com in any browser.  The transferred cameras show as gray squares with a RETRY button.  I can no longer see 8 of my 12 cameras now - this is unacceptable.  I spent a lot of money to make sure I had security cameras around my home and I was extremely pleased with the Nest cameras and service.  Since Google took over Nest, camera features and more importantly, the service, has gone downhill and has never been acceptable.  I highly recommend buying anything other than Google cameras if you're trying to find a home camera solution.

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@JRo 

You must be using the beta "Public Preview" version of the Google Home app. (We are not, because it still lacks many Nest app functions.)

You could "transfer" your cameras back to the Google Nest app:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Google-Home-Access-camera-history-and-download-clips-fro...

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@JRo 

You must be using the beta "Public Preview" version of the Google Home app. (We are not, because it still lacks many Nest app functions.)

You could "transfer" your cameras back to the Google Nest app:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Google-Home-Access-camera-history-and-download-clips-fro...

JRo
Community Member

Thanks.  Transferring all the non-visible cameras back to Nest fixed the issue and I can now see ALL of my cameras.

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

So yes, you can transfer them back to Nest (which is what I did).    

But just to be clear it should be working on Home.google.com.  The few cameras I moved over worked fine on the web.   Are you sure you are looking on Home.Google.com and now the nest version which is Home.Nest.com?   When I go there it would show a black square where the camera use to be with a message saying it was transferred to the Google Home app.

JRo
Community Member

It wasn't working on Home.google.com.  Nothing has worked on Home.nest.com for quite a while.  Home.google.com is now working since I transferred all cameras back to Nest.com though.  They're all visible on Home.google.com now.