cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Cam w/Floodlight won't reconnect

Anna1214
Community Member

I purchased the floodlight with camera mid octiber. It sat in the box because I couldn’t connect it as it needs to be wired into the house. I finally found somebody to connect it around the end of November 2024. I installed the camera into my home Google Home app and it’s been working great until about a week ago. All of a sudden it just stopped working. I’ve rebooted the power to the house, rebooted the Wi-Fi multiple times  uninstalled and reinstalled the app and even did the factory reset button and absolutely nothing works. there is a white light on on the front of the camera. That’s the only thing that appears to be alive.

1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Anna1214 

Did you perform a "factory reset" and not a "restart"? Both are documented in the same Help page and sometimes customers perform a "restart" instead. And did you then try reinstalling your camera?

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9252162

If there's a light switch on your floodlight fixture's circuit, do you have that light switch turned on at all times? The solid white status light is supposed to indicate your camera is fully charged, but if it is connected to power all the time, it shouldn't need charging.