cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Doorbell (battery) latch stuck, not able to mount anymore after charge

hueitzu
Community Member
I took my Nest Doorbell (battery) off to charge it but the latch is stucked so I can't mount it back to the mounting plate anymore.
1 Recommended Answer

@hueitzu

I've seen a couple of posts where customers applied a very small amount of WD-40 to the latch to get it unstuck.

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@hueitzu 

I often see posts like yours in this forum about mounting problems with the battery doorbell. You could try contacting Support to see if yours needs replacing under warranty:

1. Go to https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp.
2. Select a category/product family, and type in a brief description of the issue, then click "Next".
3. Click "Other", then click "Next step".
4. Under "Resources", just click "Next step". (Clicking one of the listed links will bring up a Help page page.)
5. Under "Contact options", choose to get a phone call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

hueitzu
Community Member

Thanks @MplsCustomer 

My device is a few months out of warranty so I'm not sure a replacement will be possible.  I wonder if there is a way to fix the mechanical issue since the whole door bell is still working great.

@hueitzu

I've seen a couple of posts where customers applied a very small amount of WD-40 to the latch to get it unstuck.

@MplsCustomer 

I also found the WD-40 solution in Nest Doorbell (Battery) Stuck Latch - Fix disucssion.  I tried it and it worked for me.  Thanks a lot for the help!