cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest IQ outdoor stopped working (RED LIGHT OF DEATH)

xtermigator
Community Member

Once again we are at the point that I have searched for hours and hours to not spend over $200 on a new outdoor camera for a product I love. I have over 15 Nest Cameras, I have integrated where I have had too, but I have not wanted or felt needed to replace IQ Outdoor Cameras. But as everyone who has had this product knows if the Red light comes on (Meaning not enough power to source, even if its worked for over a year), means you need to try a new power cord.

The Problem, Google doesn't support or sell it anymore, 3rd party products are hard to find if they work at all, and I feel not the need to splice and dice wires to get a product to work. When you can nest google because you bought the extension cord from them under a year there response is they don't warranty the accessories bought from a best buy or anywhere and go back to the store even though its states under manufacturer warranty.

So I now have my nest IQ camera sitting there and surrounded by what will be Eufy, Ring, and other products to one by one replace. Why should I have to put a google battery cam outside and mess around getting hurt and wiring when I cant do the solar in a townhome and picture isn't 4k.

Anyone have a solution in 2024 that might start a thread to help others because the older posts have links that don't work. 

4 REPLIES 4

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Not sure this will help but if all you need is a new power adapter for the IQ cameras this should work from  Amazon.   If found this on a post from a few years ago.....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C5RG6KV?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

As for EUFY there is a lot to like about their product.  The one thing that is a deal breaker for me is that there is very limited viewing from your computer web browser.  You can look at the LIVE cameras but you can't look at any recorded footage from your computer.  

It still is upsetting to me that when Google released the GEN2 cameras that they didn't work with the Nest App.  Had they just allowed them to work in the nest app then the last 3 years GOOGLE HOME pain could have been avoided.  They have done a lot to move the Google Home app forward but it still lacks a number of features that I use in the NEST app.

xtermigator
Community Member

So you are absolutely correct on this charger and I have seen it also in the past posts. I have isolated and realized that my outlet charger part works and it’s the actual wire that anyone used still creates the red light giving the error. I have bought other wire 

That is great news that it ended up being just the cable.   Hopefully this post might help other people diagnose similar problems.

I dont think you understand being its the cable isnt good at all being that google doesnt support us getting a replacement at all so we are out of luck with a product that we spet all this money on thats just an expensive paperweight as they dont warranty their accessories