cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Outdoor Cam with Floodlight. Can the Floodlight Turn Off Automatically?

David76
Community Member

Hi - I installed this yesterday with constant power thinking it was fully automated light control. Seeing as how this had a light sensor, I apparently incorrectly assumed it would turn on at dusk and off at dawn. There are settings "For what turns the light on", but what about what turns it off? I've seen things referencing a scheduling feature, but I don't see those settings. What am I missing? I just want it turn on/off automatically at night and in the morning. Seems like a pretty normal thing "dumb" floodlights do with light sensors.

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

I believe I found the (clunky) solution through the automation and routines section of the app. We'll see if it works. Seems like this should just be a one click option in the light settings. Overly complicating things.

David76
Community Member

I believe I found the (clunky) solution through the automation and routines section of the app. We'll see if it works. Seems like this should just be a one click option in the light settings. Overly complicating things.

David76
Community Member

It did work. You have to do two separate starter/routine commands, one for "on" at sunset and one for "off" at sunrise. Should be a default feature in the light setting to toggle on/off. Big miss by Google engineers. Also, wish they would have just adopted the Nest UI. Liked it so much better. Google Home is clunky and unpolished.