cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest cam outdoor factory reset

Millmo
Community Member

I recently had to change routers and tried following the guidelines to factory reset my nest cameras. I first removed the cameras from the Google home app then went on to factory reset the devices as per google support page. The problem is that after holding the reset button on the devices for 12 seconds I get the solid yellow light but once I let go, I get no indicator whatsoever.  So when I try to hold the factory reset button down again after 30 minutes of waiting, I don't even get the yellow light indicator as well. Searching online, I found that it should take up to 10 minutes. I have waited 30 and nothing. Could I have bricked the devices? Can someone help me with factory resetting the devices?

4 REPLIES 4

Millmo
Community Member

Update, so it seems I prematurely released the reset button. The cameras now seem like they're dead. Even with the cable plugged in I get no indicator. Will prematurely releasing the reset button while the indicator is solid yellow brick the device?

Millmo
Community Member

Nevermind, I got everything working.

How did you fix it? I have a New one which is dead too

Yobotje
Community Member

As far as I can remember you have to empty the memory by disconnecting the power for some time. Was this your solution too?