cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest indoor/outdoor cameras not showing all motion pictures

leofjw
Community Member

I have all Nest generations devices. Outdoor wired camera, indoor dropcam, and nest doorbell camera. I DO NOT have Nest Aware yet. After paying attention and further testing, we noticed the cameras are not picking up anything when it states motion detected. Example:  If I open the car trunk in the driveway, it says motion, but does not show me, just the car......same when a person walks by the front sidewalk, it says motion, but does not show anyone.

These pictures show up in the Nest app on my iPhone, but not the web app on my computer or Google Home on my iPhone.

Do I need to sign up for Nest Aware? Will this solve the missing "motion" shots mentioned above?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@leofjw 

With 1st gen cameras and doorbells (those installed in the Google Nest app), if you do NOT have a Nest Aware subscription, you only get snapshots of activity that occurred in the most recent 3 hours. See this Help topic:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/13318581

Here's a Help topic on buying a Nest Aware subscription:

https://support.google.com/product-documentation/answer/12657252

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Yes, nest aware should fix the problem.  You can always try it for a month and if you are not happen then cancel it.  There are (2) versions of Nest Aware.  The first on (Nest Aware) records just the "events".    The better on is Nest Aware PLUS.  This one gives you 24/7 recording on all your cameras for one price.   I have had this for years and I love it.   The reason is because all of these cameras (not just Google) have a tendency to start a recording late or end it to early chopping off what you need to see.   By recording 24/7 this issue is eliminated.   Keep in mind if a camera is recording 24/7 then it is using some of your internet bandwidth for the "UP" side which makes sense because it is constantly pushing the video and audio up to the Google Cloud.  I have (6) cameras and my internet is pretty fast (400 down and 20 up) and I have not issues at all and everything in the house runs super fast.

If you give it a try please return here and let us know how it went.