cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recent blurry issue here

Blurrycamgirl
Community Member

When are you going to fix the issues with blurry cams!?! It just started happening here and I see people talking about this going on back in June (3+ months). TIME TO DITCH THIS CRAP AND BUY A RING SYSTEM. You arent helping us, so why should I continue to be your subscriber/customer? Guess what, I don’t have to be. Sad. Will never invest in another Nest product. You flew the coop.

99 REPLIES 99

RoddyDuterte
Community Member

Is there anyway we can collectively complain about this? This update to 1.69 is absolutely dangerous to home security. The camera vision/quality is now super blurry, and a thief can easily break into someone's house undetected. Who are these clowns working for Google's engineering department, they should be sacked!!

cjquinto
Community Member

Hello,

I just installed a new floodlight nest camera on my garage facing my driveway. I previously had just a regular nest camera there. As soon as it got dark, the floodlight turned on, the camera quality is blurry - it seems like the camera can't focus in on the driveway whenever the lights turn on. I have another floodlight camera on a different part of my property and never experienced this issue before. It seems blurry only when the floodlight turns on, the light is washing out the image.  

Any idea?

1000165525.jpg

Correction - this is a 1.69 update issue! I just realized that the night before I had 1.67 and now my outdoor cameras are useless.  I have the Vaseline affect on all my outdoor cameras at night. Google, please fix this issue ASAP!!!!!

Agriffo13
Community Member

Seems like another recent software release that was pushed out causing more issues. 

Super_paulie
Community Member

Ha ha, there it is. The standard "try restarting your camera" response, how predictable.

Restarting the camera won't fix a software update shambles guys. And for what it's worth... I have restarted the camera and sure enough it's exactly the same.

Mausse
Community Member

Come on google, you bricked my cam..its blurry, did restart, cleaning lenses etc…HELP US OUT here. It’s a safety cam!

I smell a class action

RoddyDuterte
Community Member

https://youtube.com/shorts/22sVeNjYV7A?si=ujbJnQOiTD4FgMGK

• Please see video above for video sample which did not detect person walking on Google Nest with the new 1.69 update. A dangerous security threat which will allow thieves to break into people's homes. Well done Google!

nhizzat
Community Member

Not sure what happened but I noticed earlier today that the image was overly bright and washed out. Clouds rolled in later in the afternoon and now I'm getting nightvision at 5PM. I have 2 cameras with floodlights, only 1 of them is affected. The blurry picture below showing the cars is what is displayed when I turn off nightvision. 

Screenshot_20230925-113608.png

Screenshot_20230925-172325.png

Screenshot_20230925-172500.png

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

You're spot on noticing these changes. In a recent update, Google made some improvements to video quality including reduced noise and improved night vision performance in low light situations. Looks as though they also made improvements to optimize when your camera turns on night mode in low light, such as dusk and dawn, to help your camera capture more details.

nhizzat
Community Member

I hope this is sarcasm.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not? This is very confusing... 

You must be joking, right? Because the changes activate Night Mode is broad daylight. I mean, lights on in the room, sun in the window and 3pm on clock. Night Mode. The changes are terrible.

This may have been the intentions, however they clearly have the opposite effect. See the before and after. 

IMG_6623.jpeg

David, platinum product expert, more like platinum water carrier for google. Clearly no one here is experiencing improvements to their video quality.

You're spot on noticing these changes. In a recent update, Google made some improvements  downgrades to video quality including reduced massively increased noise and improved truly awful night vision performance in low light situations. Looks as though they also made improvements absolutely no efforts to optimize when your camera turns on night mode in low light, such as dusk and dawn, in broad daylight still to help your camera capture more significantly less details.

Any better?

Perfect! Absolutely word for word with what's happening here. I salute you!

IMG_7883.png

 but note, copied directly from the Google support site, they are committed to you as a customer. What a crock. Hello RING!

Your Emoji has a laughing face. Maybe you should stop laughing at your customer base and fix the issue. Restarting did nothing. I am laughing at you while I cancel my Nest Aware subscription. HELLO RING!! 

Murdoch
Community Member

Is this a tongue in cheek response? I'm not too picky about video clarity but I've had to disable night vision in my camera because it's constantly cycling through both modes in the middle of the day and it's that blurry that the floodlight doesn't come on sometimes as it can't detect anything at all?

They have updated the software to 1.69 and totally ruined the cameras for everyone. Basically that's it I'm afraid 😞

I might have to opt out of the Public Preview releases. I can't even submit feedback because the screenshots taken are all black. 

Also had this happen as shown in the video. Nightvision - Middle of Day 

And now I'm dealing with this on only 1 camera. 

Screenshot_20230925-185800.png

Screen recording showing 1.69 only affected 1 of 2 cameras 

I am running into the same issues since the same update with my wired Google Nest doorbell camera and Google Nest battery cameras wired for power, including auto-switching to blurry night vision even when it's still light outside and washed out video when that is disabled.  In combination with the most recent update to the Google Home iOS app crashing rather frequently when viewing events, this has left the equipment not terribly useful as a home security system.  So far, help from support has not resulted in a solution.

IMG_3902.jpeg

IMG_3901.jpeg

Contacted Support? Need more folks complaining about this.

I contacted support and was asked to unplug the router, unplug the cameras, then plug them back in.  It solved a problem with one camera being stuck in night mode, but not the overall problems being discussed above.

Nestflood
Community Member

Standard gas lighting from Google. Making out it's your issue than accepting it's the latest update that's causing the issue. I prefer a company to be honest with their mistakes and actually say they are trying to fix the issue that is nothing to do with the consumer.

No more (new) Google in this House!

NameMeKing
Community Member

So many issues from washed colors to now blurry video at night when you need it most. They need to do something or reimburse people for this continued ongoing issue. I'm over it my nest cameras never had this issue. Only the cameras that connect through home app, someone needs to start a class action lawsuit for them to do something. 

Jim90
Community Member

I’m literally having this same issue! I have a gig over a gig and have hard reset all cameras and still the night mode the cameras are so blurry it’s hard to see! What a joke

Robbiederups
Community Member

Same over here… I stopped with Google, wil buy a professional system. 

Mausse
Community Member

@google any one in the office? 

Nestflood
Community Member

1.69 is useless and so is Google for not testing before release. SORT IT OUT NOW!!!!

sol103
Community Member

There is another thread discussing the There is another thread discussing the same problem:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Nest-Cam-1-69-Update/m-p/482527#M84989

Nestuser26
Community Member

I am having the exact same nighttime quality drop issues as well. My internet setup is rock solid and has not changed. This is 100% a google decision or bug. In either case there has been zero ownership of the issue that effectively makes the product useless at night. I had an attempted burglary on my car parked in front of my house and I couldn’t get enough detail on the suspect to submit for police action. This is not just an inconvenience it is a liability. If google doesn’t fix this issue soon I will be tossing nest in the trash. Was amazing prior to the 1.69 update pushed.  

I have had the same issue and called with the support center.  The more  people call, the higher priority it will get to let them fix the issue. Perhaps you can also contact support center? They will call you back and it's free. 

Allen808
Community Member

Same issue is happening to me. Confirmed it is happing to my other 5 cameras in my system. Swapped around, tried rebooting, power drain, and reseting to factory. Gave up and moving on.

kferbs
Community Member

A warning if you get advanced replacement for any Google device: the day it's due is the day they charge you. That's not clear form any communication. They know the moment you drop off the device at FedEx but go blind when they receive it. I was charged for my device at 10am, an hour AFTER it was signed for.

This adds to the whole insulting process that the replacement never fixed. Google's whole gaslighting continues by saying to me that I should have gotten the device to them faster and it will take them 3-5 business days to process the refund. 

This is the last straw for me. I immediately cancelled my Nest Aware subscription and have Ring replacement cameras on order. Additionally, I found the new Ring Alarm Pro has a Mesh WiFi that will replace my absolutely craptastic Google WiFi router, which they wanted to sent an advance replacement (immediately no...) 

Google, this is an INFJ door slam. Ask Verizon Wireless how serious I am about it. 

sol103
Community Member

Amazon has a big sale on Ring cams. Time to replace the useless Google cams with cams that actually work

kferbs
Community Member

I just bought replacements, including upgrading my existing ring alarm to the pro version so I can also get rid of the useless Google wireless (also an open ticket) that would need an advance replacement for. Given my last experience with that... It sealed my decision to convert totally to ring (since I have both ring and Google subscriptions) and just cancel my Google (nest) subscription. I'll just sell my cameras and that should pay for the new ring devices since the sale was incredible. 

Adj
Community Member

I have 8 cameras and am experiencing the same HORRIBLE night vision, which is the time of day when you want to be able to see things clearly on a security camera. We had four cameras and added four more after someone came into our backyard in the middle of the night and vandalized our home.  If this were to happen today I would not be able to make out the details we provided to the police.  This is unacceptable, google has gotten their money from the purchase of their cameras, what they won't get from me is the monthly Nest Aware Plus Subscription.  They are out there advertising their cameras with ADT.....what a scam.