cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Nest Cam Battery Model Recording Issue

jkoo
Community Member

I wanted to figure out regarding an issue I've been experiencing with my Nest Cam battery-powered model.

I've been using the model with a constant charging cable connected to keep it powered at all times, but I've noticed that the recording history seems to disappear after just a few hours. Interestingly, I have another model without a battery that doesn't exhibit this issue at all.

I am currently subscribed to the paid subscription model.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem or have any insights into what might be causing this issue? I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions you might have.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@jkoo 

If you go to your battery camera in the Google Home app, and go to Settings | Video | Video History, what options do you have and which one do you have selected?

Is your problematic battery camera in the same Google Nest "home/structure" as your other camera and your Nest Aware subscription?

Is your "constant charging cable" one of Google Nest's optional power cables for the battery camera?

If you go to Settings | Battery for your problematic battery camera in the Google Home app, does it show "Plugged in" with an infinity symbol?