cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The protective insulation on the cord for my Nest Cam Outdoor has completely disintegrated.

suzannepisano
Community Member

The protective insulation on the cord for my Nest Cam Outdoor has completely disintegrated. Can the cable be replaced? I have seen many comments regarding this topic but no resolutions posted.

1 Recommended Answer

After another follow up call and repeated requests for replacement instructions, the agent determined that the cord connected to the camera is NOT replaceable. Since it is out of warrantee, Google will not help.  The product is clearly defective based on the many comments on this topic. I will need to replace the [rather expensive] camera, and it will NOT be with another Google product.

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

To the best of my knowledge Google will only replace things if they are still in the 1-year warranty.  Otherwise we are on our own.    You might try searching amazon for "nest camera power adapter" or try ebay for parts.

tsebastian
Community Member

please contact support using this link https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

Very disappointing. After another follow up call and repeated requests for replacement instructions, the agent determined that the cord connected to the camera is NOT replaceable. Since it is out of warrantee, Google will not help.  The product is clearly defective based on the many comments on this topic. I will need to replace the [rather expensive] camera, and it will NOT be with another Google product.

suzannepisano
Community Member

After over an hour on the phone, a replacement cable was sent and it does not have the correct ends on it.

After another follow up call and repeated requests for replacement instructions, the agent determined that the cord connected to the camera is NOT replaceable. Since it is out of warrantee, Google will not help.  The product is clearly defective based on the many comments on this topic. I will need to replace the [rather expensive] camera, and it will NOT be with another Google product.