cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reconnect camera after an internet change

Litbug
Community Member

I changed internet providers and for the last 6 months, I've been unable to reconnect our three cameras. I'm now at the point where they have all been manually factory reset and haven't been taken off the app ect. The internet is strong and close to the cameras. When I try to connect it, it finds the internet and camera but it then just says that I need to make sure the camera and phone are on the same internet or to move closer.

I've also tried unplugging them and leaving them to run their batteries down before plugging back in and retrying.

I had one connected briefly so I know it works but then the internet provider who came to check if it was a problem at their end (it isn't) redid the router just in case and this one now won't reconnect either.

I'm at my wits end with it as I'm having to pay people to go up ladders to reset them ect (I'm disabled and can't do this myself). I've contacted Google multiple times and had no replies. I've tried the troubleshooting tips multiple times. Can anyone help me?

1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@Litbug 

Google Nest does not make it easy for us to update Wi-Fi settings for Google Nest devices.

One thing you can check is to make sure you performed a "factory reset" and not a "restart". Both instructions are in the same Help topic (https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9252162), and some customers have discovered they didn't actually perform a factory reset. If the status light on your cameras is green, that probably means the factory reset did not occur and the cameras are operating on the old Wi-Fi settings.

When you press and hold the reset button on the back of the battery camera, at 10 seconds the status light should blink yellow 4 times and you should hear a countdown tone. At 12 seconds, the status light should be a steady solid yellow while the camera starts the factory reset and you should hear a confirmation tone.

Sometimes customers report holding the reset button down for longer, probably because it's hard to depress that reset button with a paperclip.