cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

iOS 17 Google notifications appear and disappear straight away

Awff
Community Member

Ok Google time to get it together. This is a critical error that seems to have existed for a few months since iOS 17.

when a camera event notification appears. I would get a vibration on the phone, see it appear and hear immediately it disappears!! This ultimately defeats the purpose of security as they just get missed, especially at the most critical of times. How is this even not a critical issue is beyond me. Please fix this as this makes the devices ultimately useless!

5 REPLIES 5

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Just to check, what is your notification set to for the Google Home app?

iOS settings > Notifications > Google Home

I have "banner style" set to "persistent" which means it will not dismiss unless I do that manually.

Awff
Community Member

critical alerts and time sensitive are on, all notifications states are on and have tried persistent banner but they only affects the notifications that pop at the top of the screen while the phone is unlocked. But when the screen is locked and I get a notification, phone vibrates and it disappears after a second  

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

At the top of the Notifications settings page there's a setting for "show previews", what do you have that set to? It needs to be set to "always" or "when unlocked".

Awff
Community Member

 Yup I’ve experimented with a few settings but no luck. Only seems to have happened since iOS 17.3. All other notifications for other apps are fine, so seems like an app bug since I haven’t changed anything since 

IMG_0610.png

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Next thing I'd try then is to remove the app and reinstall it. 

Turning your phone off and on again also wouldn't hurt in case it's a weird iOS issue.