cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ambient Mode Activation

JWillRVA
Community Member

Is there any way to adjust how quickly Ambient Mode engages after no input on device? I believe the default is set to 10mins but I would like to shorten that time.

3 REPLIES 3

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @JWillRVA 

There isn't a way to adjust the time in the Chromecast settings.

See this older post and the replies. Re: Change Screen Saver Timer - Google Nest Community   Possibly in the deeper developer settings you can adjust.

JWillRVA
Community Member

Thanks. That’s specifically about keeping your screen on, which is now accessible in power setting through chromecast or also available through the developed mode which seems to bypass Ambient Mode engaging. I have developed mode enabled looking for solutions to other issues and looked there as well.

If it requires custom scripts that’s definitely above my skill level but maybe I can find someone to do that and to enable local control through scripts in the future.

This seems like a no brainer to add as a standard setting option in the ambient mode options menu. Hopefully!

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Gotcha. Shorten! I assumed the screen On time. Ooops!

Worth a feedback report to Google if you have the time and hopefully another Chromecast user can join this discussion with a solution.