cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chromecast with GoogleTV 4k video stutters after 40 minutes of video playback.

sergiogomespire
Community Member

There are already lots of posts indicating the same issue with this device, but i wanted to chime in on this and reaffirm that this device is unsuitable for video playback. Whatever the app that is used (HBO Max, Prime, Youtube, Disney+), video playback starts to stutter around the 40/41 minute mark of continuous playback. We, the users, cannot watch a movie longer than these 40 minutes without having the experience ruined by the device. It is not an overheating issue, since i managed to cool the device with some icepacks, and even though the device was very cool to the touch, video playback started stuttering anyway at 40 minutes of video playback. Other posts claim that this did not happen with the previous Android version, and that it only started to happen on Android 12. It really seems to be a software issue, not a hardware one. This has nothing to do with 24p judder. The device is skipping and repeating frames. Unfortunately, since this hasn't been addressed by Google, i don't have any hope of having this fixed. 

2 REPLIES 2

TomLaw1967
Community Member

gosh! Is it the 4K version too? And so far I've only seen posts by users of the HD version. Welcome to the club of users with problems with smooth playback of movies/tv online.

I believe there are also others reports of the 4K version acting up. The weird thing about it is that if i install kodi and play a 2 hours long video in it, it doesn't stutter. If i go back to another app, like youtube, hbo max, prime video, filmin, it starts to stutter at the 40/41 minute mark.