cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Extension lead? The cable is too short so hanges down the wall...i need to bury it in the wall. Is t

chesterarebest
Community Member

The cable is too short so dangles down the wall...i need to bury it in the wall which I had to do with all my other cables but now this hangs down and looks awful. Can anyone recommend and extension cable?

1 Recommended Answer

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Which cable are you trying to extend?

If it's the power-cable, that's a standard cable.  You can get longer versions anywhere.  There's nothing special about it and you shouldn't have any issues using a replacement longer cable.   I don't think I'm using the power cables that came with any of my Chromecast devices.  I replaced them all with longer or shorter versions to fit each situation better.

If it's the HDMI side, you can get extenders but there is a limit for those.  If you go too long, you need to get a signal booster.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Which cable are you trying to extend?

If it's the power-cable, that's a standard cable.  You can get longer versions anywhere.  There's nothing special about it and you shouldn't have any issues using a replacement longer cable.   I don't think I'm using the power cables that came with any of my Chromecast devices.  I replaced them all with longer or shorter versions to fit each situation better.

If it's the HDMI side, you can get extenders but there is a limit for those.  If you go too long, you need to get a signal booster.

chesterarebest
Community Member

Ah yes. pretty obvious really! Many thanks for taking the trouble to respond. I will just need to make sure i get the same wire. Thanks again