cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Goggle Live Channels Missing from "Your Channels"

JimGauthierJr
Community Member

While waiting for the updates to the home screen with the round app icons, etc. I noticed that most of the Live channels keep getting lost from the Live guide. It has happened the last few days. It shows my count of YTTV channels 120 and used to show the count of Google TV channels 124, Now that count and ALL those channels are missing from the guide. The total channel count has dropped from about 900 to 333 with only channels from Haystack and Tubi included in the guide. Those from Googe TV (Xumo Play), Pluto TV, and Plex are missing.

Restarting the device does not help. Later the same day (last three days), the channels and the count return to the guide without any action on my part . The device is up to date and is otherwise operating just fine.  This device is from 2020.

7 REPLIES 7

JimGauthierJr
Community Member

Most of the channels came back as did the Google TV channel count of 124 about 1/2 hour after restarting the device. Previous restarts did not seem to have any effect even hours later.  Channels from Plex are still missing. 

A few minutes later, while posting this update, they, the channels and the count, are gone again!!!!

Another half hour or so later, most of the channels are back in the Live Guide except those from Plex. I had gone thru the entire guide as well as observing the category counts and those channels were indeed not listed. The Google TV category label and count are still missing. 

Haystack News and Tubi are installed on a PNY USB drive while Xumo Play, Pluto TV and Plex are on internal storage. 

Tamrow
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue. I contacted Google help chat and the tech said I needed to factory reset my Chromecast. I did and it didn’t solve the problem. I have had my Google Chrome with Google TV for several years and this issue began around a month ago. It’s very frustrating having to wait for channels to reappear after they disappear. It sometimes takes 10 minutes and sometimes even much longer. I am paying a lot of money for my Google TV subscription. I posted my similar issue on Google Nest Community a few days ago with no reply posts so far.

JimGauthierJr
Community Member

Thanks for the update. I was considering doing a factory reset, but did not really expect it to help.
The last two times I lost the channels, since my latest post, I lost all channels from Plex, Tubi, Pluto TV for several hours. Plex never came back. I signed out/in to no avail on Plex.

I have been checking the channel counts daily for a couple years on Chromecast w/ Google TV and on my Fire TV stick. Until recently, the Google channels were always in the EPG, growing from 77, to 104 and now 124.
The count was always displayed and I could scroll thru the categories and see those counts were consistent with those I track in a spreadsheet.

So these problems of losing the display of the You Tube TV and GTV channel counts and losing the channels from Plex, Pluto TV and Tubi are very recent. I wished my channels would come back in 10 minutes but that has not been the case.

If we are lucky, Google may fix something and act and not admit what happened. I would settle for that.

Tamrow
Community Member

OK, after re-contacting Google Chat, and trying several solutions, one solution got my apps and stations to reappear in the Live list. Try this, go to the gear icon (settings) next to the search magnifying glass at the top of the start page of Google TV (the home button on your remote). In the upper right, click on the gear and under settings, scroll down to Apps. Click on Apps and then scroll down and click on See all Apps. Continue to scroll down till you get to Show System Apps and click. Scroll down the list of System Apps (there are a lot) till you find Google TV and then click on it. In the window that opens, click on Clear Data. 

Now, click on the house button on your remote, you will see it takes several seconds to reload your home page. Go to Live and see if it works correctly now. Go to Setting's / Apps again and clear the data from Plex and any other apps you have that may have issues.

Really, this should have been the first suggested fix from Google help chat the first time I contacted them.

Tamrow
Community Member

Well, I thought clearing the Google TV cache was the fix, but it’s not. It seemed to work at first but my live tv is right back to dropping apps and stations. I’ve had the Chromecast dongle for several years now so I’m going to try to get google to send me a new one or maybe get a discount. If the issue continues after that, I don’t know what I’ll do.

My Chromecast finally cleared the problem by itself.  A week after my last post, I lost the counts and the channels from Tubi, and Plex again.  Tubi and the counts for Google and YouTube TV came back in a few days and Plex about a week later. Plex contributes 375 of the total Live channels from Google (Xumo), Haystack, Pluto TV, Tubi, and Plex. 

I really did not find any root cause.

My device finally got the new round tiles for the apps and has the latest update. 

I hope yours clears up too.