cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Group Chromecast Audio with Chromecast 4K for video playback

Wcinek
Community Member

Hi,

Similarly to the question here: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Chromecast/Watch-Netflix-via-chromecast-and-hear-the-sound-vi...

I would like to use my 4K Chromecast to play video (on a projector) and then utilize the Chromecast Audio connected to my speakers to play the sound.

I understand Chromecast cannot split the sound from video but I do not need that (I think). I grouped the two devices and I am able to cast, for example, spotify to this group. This achieves the result I want - I have the 4K Chromecast playing video (showing Spotify app, sound is muted on the projector) and Chromecast Audio plays just sound. Works like a charm.

There are two problems:

1. I cannot cast anything with actual video playback (YT, Netflix) to such group.

2. I don't think I can use that group when I just want to use the Chromecast remote - I can only do it through my phone.

Any chance this could be set up or are there plans to support this in future? 

Cheers,

Marcin

1 REPLY 1

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

The answer is the same. Groups only work for AUDIO streams (like Spotify).

Groups won't work if video is involved.  You can only send video streams to one Chromecast device at a time.

Google has not said if they are even considering a change to Speaker Groups.  I'm sorry.