cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Home button on chromecast voice remote doesn’t work

luke_warm_44
Community Member

I recently purchased a Chromecast with Google TV (4K). I went through all the set up steps successfully, and from the google tv home page I went to the Netflix app to log in. Once I logged in, I wanted to exit the Netflix app so I could log into and access other streaming apps from the home page. While the Voice Remote for Chromecast would allow me to navigate the Netflix app (up and down buttons, select button, and back button worked fine) the home button would not do anything when I clicked it so I’m basically stuck on the Netflix app. I have tried resetting the remote and the same issue recurs. I am able to power off the google tv with the remote using the power button, but when I turn it back on the home button still won’t work.

1 Recommended Answer

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

The Home button works fine for me when I'm in Netflix.

Test your button in any other app (you use a free app like Tubi if you don't have another subscription).  If it doesn't work there either then it sounds like you have a defective remote with a broken button.

If you just got your Chromecast device, you should be able to simply return it and get a replacement from the same store.  Otherwise, you can work through Google for a warranty replacement:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/14076635

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

The Home button works fine for me when I'm in Netflix.

Test your button in any other app (you use a free app like Tubi if you don't have another subscription).  If it doesn't work there either then it sounds like you have a defective remote with a broken button.

If you just got your Chromecast device, you should be able to simply return it and get a replacement from the same store.  Otherwise, you can work through Google for a warranty replacement:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/14076635