cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

STOP Chromecast on Home App

ThatDani
Community Member

Hello, I know this will be controversial and seem stupid and maybe people will ask "but why" but I do not want to be able to control my tv with my phone on google home. I only got the app so I could install my Google Assistant Mini. But is seemingly impossible to stop the app from recognizing my TV when it is on. I already turned off the "enable everyone" on the TV (is on my husband's account so, that should allow only him, right?) and also I keep seeing an option on the forum to "press settings, hold the device and remove cast" but  if I go to settings or hold the device name it does not give a removal option, only controlling options such as "stop cast" (which then STOPS the TV, which I do not want to happen). Anyway, is there any way I can just make so my Home App does not catch the TV? Or can I remove the TV from the app so I cannot control it anymore? It just bugs me. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

RXShorty
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi @ThatDani 

The latest option, removing the Chromecast from Google Home all, can work.

But you can also disable the mobile notifications. 

Please check THIS link.

Hi, thanks! I already have notifications disabled, what bothers me really is seeing an option to pause the TV when in the app. I didn't see an option for removing Chromecast from Google Home but I will search again then. Thanks!