cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Setup Chromecast Remote to only change channels

SteveAnthony
Community Member

I would like written step by step instructions for setting up my Chromecast remote control to allow me to change channels using it. Not to disable the TV's own power and volume controls. Can you please fwd before I return the product to the store I bought it ... Too complicated. I am unsure of the platform ... using iPad, Android tablet on Samsung Smart TV with Virgin Plus TV subscription

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Your Chromecast remote is not designed to be a universal remote that controls everything on your TV.

It only supports a few key functions like Power, Input, and Volume (if compatible) so that you don't have to reach for your TV's remote when you want to use your Chromecast device.

Thanks. Disappointing. I would like to be able to change the channels using it because my TV remote control can't and I don't want to mess with my TV controls cause I may ditch this satellite internet TV (with Virgin Plus) in favour easy television viewing and control. Without my wife's presence and her iPad, I can't even watch the TV. Any suggestions?