cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLC won't launch from Disc Link Platinum

djtetei
Bronze
Bronze

I use a HItachi-LG GP96YB70 DVD Multi OS connected to Google Chromecast with Google TV 4K, via a powered USB-C hub.

Google Chromecast with Google TV is connected to a HDMI switch with built-in audio extractor.

The HDMI switch is connected to a Samsung non smart TV via HDMI and audio signal is sent via digital coaxial output to a stereo digital to analog converter.

In order to play DVD-VIDEO discs on Google Chromecast with Google TV 4K I installed TrueDVD application which works fine.

In order to play Audio CDs and other files from data CDs I installed Disc Link Platinum application.

The Audio CDs and data CDs are correctly recognised by Disc Link Platinum, however, I run into the following issues lately: in order to play video files, like mpeg-4 (.avi container) format, encoded with Xvid or DivX Pro, the Disc Link Platinum application uses the external VLC player, already installed, but VLC won't open or execute when requested.

I must mention that this feature worked under Android 11.

VLC is installed and given permissions to acces all files at any time.

In order to verify that VLC works, I copied a smal zise video file to the Chromecast internal storage and VLC recognise and play the file correctly.

Chromecast with Google TV 4K runs on Android 12 build STTL.240206.002.11417109.

DISC LINK Platinum version is 2.23.1012

VLC version is 3.5.4.

1 REPLY 1

djtetei
Bronze
Bronze

Problem solved!

I forgot the optical DVD drive has a switchable USB ODD mode.

Just eject the tray, press the tray button for 2 seconds to switch the drive between ODD mode and USB storage mode .

Now all works fine!