cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chromecast pink light (LED) : will not factory reset

mayatech
Community Member

hey, im having a problem with my Chromecast. a couple of weeks ago it was working just fine but now the LED is pink and when connected to the tv, the tv says no signal. i have tried almost every option to get it working, but it will not factory reset. i have turned everything off and on multiple times and pressing down the button etc. and on my google home app I don't have the option to select more and then factory reset it. the app says it is not available.

are there any other ways to reset/get my Chromecast working again?

thanks 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Byteguy
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

I am sorry, that does not sound good.

If you have not already, try a different power-cable and power-block.  Also, try unplugging it from the TV, cycle the power, and see if that changes the light.

If none of that works, it is probable that your Chromecast has failed.  There are no parts you can repair in it.

If you really have a Gen 1 Chromecast (the key-shaped one), you have certainly gotten your money's worth out of it.  Google hasn't made that since 2015 so you have used it for at least 9 years.

It's definitely time to replace it.  The new Chromecasts have a LOT more features and much better hardware (wifi radios, memory, and processing hardware).  Also, the new flexible connection is a lot less strain on your TV's HDMI port.