cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Google Hubs in One Home

kyr77113
Community Member

Hello. We have a Google Hub Max in our kitchen. I want to get my daughter a Google Hub 7" for her bedroom so that she can listen to music on Spotify. Can I set up the device for my daughter with my same account but I don't want her to get doorbell notifications. Just want her to have access to You Tube and Spotify. Do I need to setup her own account on a different email address or can it be tied to the same account as my kitchen display and I can adjust the settings on hers to only have certain things active? I want her to be able to play different music simultaneously as what we play on our kitchen Hub?

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

That additional detail was helpful as what I originally suggested won't give you that outcome. The only way to achieve this is for your daughter to have their own Google account (one that is not a family link managed account), as well as their own Spotify account. The speaker must be setup with the separate account, not setup with your account. More details from Spotify below.

Using Spotify Family with young kids and Google Ho… - The Spotify Community

Once setup, your daughter will be able to control their speaker and Spotify media playback using the Google Home app on their tablet.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

As far as I know that's not something you can customise, so I'd go ahead and create a different home structure. You can manage up to 5 home structures with the same Google account.

kyr77113
Community Member

When you say different home structure what do you mean? Do I need to create a new Google account to hook up my 2nd hub to to be able to have my daughter listen to different music simultaneously to the music on our hub in the kitchen. I want her to be able to have full control of her unit when she wants to

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

That additional detail was helpful as what I originally suggested won't give you that outcome. The only way to achieve this is for your daughter to have their own Google account (one that is not a family link managed account), as well as their own Spotify account. The speaker must be setup with the separate account, not setup with your account. More details from Spotify below.

Using Spotify Family with young kids and Google Ho… - The Spotify Community

Once setup, your daughter will be able to control their speaker and Spotify media playback using the Google Home app on their tablet.