cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't set up Hue light bulb

Wariovanmorrion
Community Member

Screenshot_20230511-135659.png

I follow the set up steps. Home app discovers the light, when I select the light it blinks so most definitely a connection there. But when I go to confirm set up I am always met with this error. the bulbs are all set up and working just fine on the hue app. Please note this is Bluetooth, seemless (cough cough) set up with Google assistant bulbs. Do not have or require a hue bridge. Please help

1 Recommended Answer

RXShorty
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi @Wariovanmorrion

Did you set the bulb up with the Hue app?
You use the Hue app and connect it to your Hue account.

Now if you can add an integration within Google Home --> Philips Hue account. 😊

For more information: https://www.philips-hue.com/en-us/explore-hue/works-with/the-google-assistant/set-up

View Recommended Answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RXShorty
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi @Wariovanmorrion

Did you set the bulb up with the Hue app?
You use the Hue app and connect it to your Hue account.

Now if you can add an integration within Google Home --> Philips Hue account. 😊

For more information: https://www.philips-hue.com/en-us/explore-hue/works-with/the-google-assistant/set-up

hi there, the integration only works with a hue bridge, which I don't have and I'm sure you don't require

Hi @Wariovanmorrion 

You are correct.

According to the Philips Hue website:

RXShorty_0-1683811566086.png

But did you connect it with your Hue app first?
Maybe there is a firmware update for your bulb available. 🙂

Thanks for the reply, yeah I set it up in Hue app firstly and also ran updates on the firmware via the hue app. Starting to wonder if a factory reset is required on my Google speaker.

Hi @Wariovanmorrion 

You can also try creating a new home in the Google Home app.
Sometimes the "Home" gets some issues with integrations...

Thanks again but the suggestion did not work. In fact now it doesn't even discover the lights. Very frustratingly difficult

Hello everyone, 

Thank you, @RXShorty for the assistance you've given.

@Wariovanmorrion, please try removing the Philips Hue light bulb from the Hue app first. Uninstall both the Hue app and the Google Home app. Install the latter, then set up the light again.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,
Lovely

Hi Wariovanmorrion, 

I'm checking in to see if you've tried the steps I suggested above. I'd be glad to hear from you, so please tell me if you are still having issues.

Cheers, 
Lovely

Hey Wariovanmorrion, 

I'm checking in to make sure that you've seen my responses. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns before I close this thread in 24 hours.

Thanks,
Lovely