cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change personal routines to household routines

PBusardo
Community Member

I believe this topic has been brought up, but it needs to be brought up again. 

When Google home changed, ALL of my routines became "Personal" routines.  I need to be able to change these to "Household" routines, for TWO reasons...

1) So that others can use the routines

2) So that the routines can be added to the Pixel Home Favorites list which will only see "Household" routines. 

And no, I will not take all the time required to recreate all of my perfectly working routines when a simple toggle switch or drag and drop can be implemented to change the routines to the "Household" category.  

Just one of the problems I'm having with the new Pixel tablet and dock.  Don't get me started that some of my routines will not work when the tablet is locked.

What a PITFA.  FIX IT!!!!!  (please). 

81 REPLIES 81

Pilch
Community Member

I suggest you get a supervisor.  Your comments are making this worse. 

Triad3k
Community Member

Awful response.

its getting worse as broadcasts have now lost the ability to broadcast the user’s voice recording, instead it tries to recognise the speech, and broadcasts the message in Google’s robot voice with errors every time, and you’ve no idea who sent the broadcast.

half the devices don’t even play broadcasts either.

sort it out, or at least acknowledge there’s an issue and look into it!!

seriously, thats your response??! I hope you dont get paid by Google for this sort of assistance.

prupil
Community Member

It's that bad, you should just roll back your releases about a year.

TheGRLs
Community Member

Wow! The future is here...much of the rest of our lives will be spent talking requesting, asking, pleading, and begging to polite AI representatives to please fix things that are screwed up. The implications are enormous and sometimes involve thousands of dollars or whether you freeze to death. From double charging and/or double automatic payments on utlities, cars, mortgages, credit cards, I must spend 10 or more hours a week trying to reach a human being to fix one technological problem or another. How do people manage? I'm semi-retired and work from home so sometimes I must devote half a day to get the bank, or utility company, or insurance company, or mortgage company...et cetera... to correct my account. There has never been a human being that works for Google in this conversation or at least not one that can make any difference. We're conversing inside of a vacuum. No "i" in the AI here.

Maybe if we ask the bot very nicely, it will close the thread.

LOL (Laughing On Line)! 

Stephaos
Community Member

12.04.2024 and this issue is still not fixed?
Maybe it was the wrong decision to buy Google Smart Home products...

Moremorg
Community Member

I never comment on things but this issue is frustrating enough that I want to add to our hopeful crowdsourcing of priorities. A fix to seems low effort and high impact…aka a slam dunk for any engineering team. 

mwstephens
Community Member

Hey Google!!! Anybody there? 

Adding to the calls for help in case any human actually reads this... This is a material break with considerable customer impact and should be prioritized for immediate resolution!

GuyCooper
Community Member

It's mind boggling that Google would simply cast us aside and ignore us.  It's quite clear that this change negatively impacted a LOT of people, yet Google seems they couldn't care less. I have a routine with 53 actions, and the best you can do is tell me to trash it and spend a couple of hours recreating it?  Hello?  Amazon?... 

MyStuffBreaks
Community Member

Jumping onboard. Please fix this 

Sunshine23
Community Member

Any update on this issue?????

syaqattaq90
Community Member

I signed up just to +1 this thread. I just started to look into my mom's complain of our usually working Good Night routine not working in recent months 'cos y'all moved the Good Night routine to my personal routine. And I can't setup a household routine that is triggered by saying Good Night as it is assigned to a Personal Routinr THAT IS DISABLED, AND THAT THE "GOOD NIGHT" STARTER CANNOT BE REMOVED! WHAT?!

WhateverWhereve
Community Member

I also signed up just to follow and +1 this thread. Our previously well working routines now can no longer be activated by all members of our family. So frustrating!

Hey Google, is anyone actually listening???

HyperNeon
Community Member

Seriously Google? Can you just fix this already? Why would you knowingly release a feature that was going to break everyone's routines? This is so frustrating and it's been months!

Jfox5
Community Member

I also need that feature !!!

Jay-D
Community Member

A once great company is now an embarrassment. Remember how long Google tried to tell us that we didn't need a toggle switch to temporarily disable routines, this is almost as ridiculous!! I have about 100 routines. It would take days to remake them. Even if I wished to, I have no assurance that you won't break them again the next day. This isn't a "feature request" or an new idea. THIS IS ABOUT FIXING A BUG THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE IDENTIFIED INTERNALLY WITHOUT OUR HELP! This is a mistake that Google made, should be appologizing profusely for, and immediately correcting.

If you work for Google and are reading this I hope that you are not proud of the job you do. If you took any pride in your work, or had the slightest idea what the word "initiative" means you would take it upon yourself to spearhead this issue. Sadly, if an employee is reading this, I'm certain that they are just a mechanic with nothing but technical skills. Be assertive and question authority. otherwise you will be minding the message boards for the rest of your life. Be better. 

mluansing
Community Member

Any update on this? Not recreating 20+ personal automations for household. Would love a quick swap feature.

MartinCop
Community Member

Exactly. This should be smooth and easy thing to do. Instead of expecting the user to work out this one by one. Why there are so many things so sloooow with Google?

teebeeninetea4
Community Member

This really needs to be updated!!

The routines/automations that I need the whole household to be able to access, such as “good morning” etc are so personalised that they do different things for each of us, and I can’t even create a new household automation for that because the phrase is already in use, and it won’t let me delete the phrase! So let me make it a household automation!

A simple toggle switch or drag and drop would be the easiest way. Google needs to work on this asap 

Mackeyuk
Community Member

Same issue here. Please fix it.

Feet
Community Member

This inability to reclass routines is insane. Do better google 

Redhead_pt
Community Member

6 months later and still no solution. What a sad response from Google on this. 

AustinSpomer
Community Member

Google has become such a joke. How is this even an issue to begin with? There's literally a "copy" feature, yet no way to port over the routine from personal to household?

Whynormal
Community Member

Yep this is ridiculous but since moaning about it here isn't working let's play their game.  If your reading this please say out loud "Hey Google send feedback.... Please add the ability to change personal routines into household routines on the Google home automation page". 

Amnest
Community Member

This is BS! Does anyone on Google ever even read this? Why on Earth haven’t they fixed this yet? This is a disaster.

Brakiss
Community Member

I cannot believe how far this ecosystem has regressed. None of my routines work correctly and I cant fix them because the triggers cannot be replicated. **bleep** man. 5k into this ecosystem and it is not useable.

Mre35nl
Community Member

Any news when/if Google is going to fix this?

dweber
Community Member

Just another example of Google doing a little bit of everything... but nothing well. 🙄

I think they just do whatever they want and don't actually take consumer suggestions.

Hg24
Community Member

I just did the feedback request that our bot friend Juni has been suggesting. Gave them a link to this thread as well. I just hope there’s a human to receive the feedback. 

As a product owner, I would destroy my team for not fixing this within a couple days, let alone not coming to find this corner case prior to release. 

Acorn00
Community Member

I will add my voice to this as well.    Honestly, I am getting pretty disappointed with Google.  I have been using my home for several years now and I feel like they have made little to no advances in the time I have owned it.  
it’s like Google said “well, we did it.  It’s done. On to the next project “.   Very disappointing.   

nitroprime
Community Member

Bumping the thread to keep it active, I too am having this issue since I'm looking to use a household routine that uses goodnight.

Would be a really big shame to have to convert smarthome infrastructure because I was really invested in Google. 😕

Mre35nl
Community Member

Goodnight gives me also other issues. I have two places where I live and both are Google equiped. when I use goodnight on one place the routines a run on the other place. It is not possible to make a If statment so Google will check where I am (whitch home) before running commands. very annoing 

Scalle
Community Member

Juni suspiciusly aswers like a bot ... Problem still not solved.

Brakiss
Community Member

Because he is a bot. Google doesn't really have anybody here that's real from their company, they just have people who get awards for commenting a lot getting recognized as experts

i think they are all "AI". I even pulled one on it who insisted they weren't, so then i asked to know why all their answers were basically the same to every single question on the forum they didnt reply. No actual human would respond in the pathetic way they do, and likewise no one would get paid for the "support" they actually offer so its pretty obvious really. The amount of questions asked and the response was literally nothing to do with it is crazy.

xTJx
Community Member

Can’t believe this has been going on for nearly a year. As a developer I don’t care how much of a spaghetti code cluster it is there is no reason a company as big as Google can’t fix this small issue by now. I understand higher priority issues but an intern working for free at a local college could fix this in less than a day.  Heck I am more than willing to free lance it over the weekend.

@Juni  sorry you are getting bashed so hard over this it’s not on you.  However, it really wouldn’t be hard for Google to publish a list of known community features without an ETA just to acknowledge they are aware of it. Ideally there would be a status and an ETA but I get not wanting to set expectations.  I also get not wanting to publish features in progress that competitors might get ideas to improve their product. However, you can have a community wish list that is public and a private feature list. There isn’t much you can do besides send the ideas up the ladder which hopefully you have done by now.

Gbgrsd
Community Member

Adding in my 2 cents, this is absurd. My entire home is run off of Google and the rest of my family members can't use the routines I spent hours creating long ago? I can't believe Google hasn't done anything about this but this is one of many issues that needs to be fixed... I'm so irritated by this that I'm half tempted to switch my entire home to Amazon's Alexa and start from scratch. Google this is on you and it needs to be fixed. I can't believe this thread hasn't even been acknowledged.

Brakiss
Community Member

I used linked in and found Rishi Chandra's email who is the head of Google/nest and linked this thread. It may work, it may not but has to try. This is bull**bleep**.