cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define a starter consisting of comparing the state between two devices

LainuBaltza
Community Member

Hello everybody. I am familiar with programming languages but just started programming this kind of languages in google home. I'm sorry if the answer to my question is rather obvious, but I've been digging through the reference manuals and haven't found anything about it. I would really appreciate your help.

I want to define a starter based on the condition that the state of one device is higher than another, to give you an example: the temperature of one device is higher than that of another device. Is it possible to define this kind of conditions in a starter? 
I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2

ImNotANestUser
Community Member

I believe you are correct in that you cannot combine devices in a starter.  You can, as I'm sure you've seen, have conditions within a starter:

- type: device.state.OpenClose
state: openPercent
is: greaterThan 0 and lessThan 50
device: Garage door - Garage

but a starter can only deal with one device.

Thank you for your response. I find it extremely interesting to incorporate the ability to compare properties between different devices. Not only at the starter level, but also in terms of conditions and even actions. I hope the google home developers are planning to incorporate it soon. At least in my case it would be very useful. It would help me to optimise my systems in a much more efficient way.