cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete google automations

Schmuttis
Community Member

I don't work so have no need for all of the automations that google has loaded in the Home App/Automations like

• Commuting home
  • Commuting to work
  • Workday
  • etc.

Having all of these extra automations that I don't use just makes it hard to locate the automations that I've created and use.

1 Recommended Answer

Schmuttis
Community Member

Hi @JillG 

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I do have all of these useless automations disabled but they still clog up my screen, If nothing else, I think there should be a toggle at the bottom of the screen so we could choose to whether to display disabled routines. Disabling really has no effect other than not being able to call an automation and why would I do that anyway since I don't work?

Sorry, not attacking you but the senseless way this has been programmed.

View Recommended Answer in original post

13 REPLIES 13

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @Schmuttis 

Some of the built in automations  like Bedtime etc. can't be deleted but you can toggle to deactivate.  Always a good idea to send in app feedback for requests or ideas for improvement.

PBarn
Community Member

Hope Google is listening. I understand showing how to, but we don’t want clutter. Please help. Number solution is the best workaround until Google fixes this.

Schmuttis
Community Member

Hi @JillG 

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I do have all of these useless automations disabled but they still clog up my screen, If nothing else, I think there should be a toggle at the bottom of the screen so we could choose to whether to display disabled routines. Disabling really has no effect other than not being able to call an automation and why would I do that anyway since I don't work?

Sorry, not attacking you but the senseless way this has been programmed.

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Totally hear you, I want them gone from my screen as well. X100!

I encourage you to send in app feedback. 

WoWBoB
Community Member

The best I could do was number the routines I wanted so they show up at the top. I can ignore the ones down below that. I totally agree not being able to delete them is stupid though.

Schmuttis
Community Member

@JillGwould you remove the solution tag please since what I posted is not a solution. I'd rather leave this as an open issue for google to fix. What is the url for app feedback?

Yaho
Community Member

Make that another who wants to delete stuff we don't need/use!

angela8
Community Member

Another vote for removing stuff we don't need! Or at least being able to rename it and completely edit it so I can make it my own.

kathi0308
Community Member

In the Google Home app, I went to an automation I didn't want and hit feedback.  I described this issue and asked for them to make it so we can delete pre-programmed automations.  Maybe if enough people send the feedback, they will hear us.  Maybe.

Micklord
Community Member

To make matters worse the starter commands like GOOD NIGHT are being used by these routines and you can't use them for a real routine you want to design. So I guess we have to use nonsense secret code starters.

Jamesgangnc
Community Member

Agree, we should be able to delete anything we don't need.  I'm retired, I'll never need all the ones related to work.

HeySam
Community Member

Yes. I need these useless automation deleted from my screen pronto. Its so visually unappealing. 

Lukas_co
Community Member

The idea that google home knows better which automations are displayed is a wtong one. I want to remove all automations that i dont use.

Why would a preset automation not be able to be removed.

To whatever product owner manages the automations: let the user manage their own automations dont force them to use it in a way you think they need it. Because you would be wrong for a large part of the userbase