cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage Chromecast connections

J-Goshert
Community Member

4-5 years ago I was at a friend's house in Michigan, USA, who let me connect to his Sonos sound system to play music. I don't remember how it worked, but as long as I was connected to his Wi-Fi I could play music from my laptop on any of his system connected speakers. And I never used his speakers, system, or even internet again.

Today, I'm working on different laptop, recently purchased in Queensland, AUS, and I noticed my Chrome Extensions icon flashes to something different on my browser bar, like lines with a music note at the top. It says "Kitchen Display / Casting: Song Name" with an opportunity to stop casting. I don't have the same apps as what I had on my old laptop, in fact, the only thing that I can think of that is the same, is that I'm still using the the same account when I sign into Chrome. How is it showing in a way that appears to be a live, current thing? It seems strange that I can see what song my friend is playing on his devices at his home a half a world away. And more importantly, how do I manage / remove what devices my Chrome account knows? 

0 REPLIES 0